Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Police search for accidentally released convicted murderer

Authorities in Illinois and Indiana searched Friday for a convicted murderer who was mistakenly released after a Chicago court appearance, as questions swirled about what caused the mix-up and why he was brought from his Indiana prison cell in the first place.
    Steven L. Robbins, 44, was serving a 60-year sentence for murder in Indiana and was brought to Chicago this week in a separate case involving drug and armed violence charges -- a case that a prosecutor revealed Friday had actually been dismissed in 2007.After appearing before a Cook County Circuit Court judge, Robbins was taken to the Cook County Jail on Chicago's South Side and was released hours later, instead of being sent back to Indiana to continue his murder sentence. The public was not alerted that he was on the loose for about 24 hours.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Hell, if they find him, he'll probably get appointed as a Czar of some kind, being as he's from Chicago.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Hell, if they find him, he'll probably get appointed as a Czar of some kind, being as he's from Chicago.
    Three hundred percent of Illinois voters agree!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information