Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Chicago police union want 12% pay raise over 2 years and $3,000 a year for being forced to live in the city

Chicago Police officers are demanding a 12 percent pay raise over two years, a reduction in health-care contributions and a $3,000-a-year residency stipend to compensate them for being forced to live and send their kids to school in the city.The Fraternal Order of Police also wants to cut in half — from 20 percent to 10 percent — the share of promotions based on merit and change the name from “merit” — which, they claim, makes a political process sound apolitical — to “management” or “administrative” promotions.
    Police union calls for 12% pay hike, $3,000 stipend to live in city - Chicago Sun-Times

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Wow, wish I had a raise that large. Or any raise for that matter. Haven't had a COLA since I came on this department, only the step raises.

I wonder if they're actually set on those numbers, or if it's a kind of "shoot high so the counter offer is still nice" type of thing.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

SteelCityK9Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Availability pay??? 2K in uniform allowance??? 86K top out pay....and they want 12% on too of that....wow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information