Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lewisipso
  • 1 Post By Odd

Thread: Ex-CIA Employees Who Garden Indoors Claim Home Was Illegally Searched

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Ex-CIA Employees Who Garden Indoors Claim Home Was Illegally Searched

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Two former CIA employees whose Kansas home was fruitlessly searched for marijuana during a two-state drug sweep claim they were illegally targeted, possibly because they had bought indoor growing supplies to raise vegetables.
    A drug sniffing dog was brought in to help, but deputies ultimately left after providing a receipt stating, "No items taken."

I wonder what the "rest of the story" is on this.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I read this the other day. Supposedly the intel was they were shopping for certain items used in the inside growing of marijuana. I hope this wasn't all there was to the intel.
    Cidp24 likes this.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Might just be that some still bright-eyed journalist was surprised to find the Fourth Amendment is as dead for former CIA as everyone else. Or might be some jaded old ink stained wretch who knows the cold war spy agencies still have headline SEO cachet.

Would you have read it if it didn't have CIA in the title? Nah, you wouldn't have had the opportunity: it would have died on the 3rd page of the Kansas City Scribbler. Just like everyone else in their situation, including farmers who order suspicious amounts of nitrogen based fertilizer.

The rest of the story is most of us aren't interesting enough to get a splashy headline when the system breaks against us. Good for them. And only them. Though how many ex-CIA who moved to Kansas to garden in private are looking for attention? Consider what they just gave up in their outrage.
    Cidp24 likes this.

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I've done knock and talk's on info such as this. There was usually not enough info for a SW
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

Thread Information