Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

Lesbian sacked for being pregnant

Last Updated: Friday, 19 May 2006, 15:16 GMT 16:16 UK

Lesbian sacked for being pregnant
    A lesbian was sacked from a firm which calls itself the UK's first gay and lesbian-owned estate agency because she was pregnant, a tribunal has ruled.
    Corinna Slow, 27, lost her job managing the Hove, East Sussex office of 2Let when she was 16 weeks pregnant.

Ms Slow, who lives with her bus driver girlfriend and three-month-old daughter Edith in Brighton, was awarded 13,000.

The Brighton employment tribunal ruled she was a victim of unfair dismissal and sex discrimination.

Tribunal chairman Charles Twiss said it was satisfied 2Let boss Kevin Newman knew Ms Slow was pregnant.

I'm glad the truth has been told

Corinna Slow

"He had to get rid of the claimant...to avoid paying maternity pay.

"We are satisfied beyond any reasonable doubt that the reason for the dismissal was pregnancy."

Mr Newman had claimed he did not know Ms Slow was pregnant and sacked her because of poor performance.

He told the tribunal Ms Slow did not look pregnant "at all" when he dismissed her last August, and he only found out she was carrying a child the day afterwards, when she told him

Mr Twiss said even if Mr Newman had not noticed Ms Slow's pregnancy bump - which he said would be understandable because it was not very large at the time - he had been told she was carrying a child.

After the hearing Ms Slow, who lives with Hilary Noble, 33, in Kemptown, said: "I'm just glad the truth has been told and that he's been made accountable for what he did.

"I think the decision was fair and I'm just looking forward to moving on and enjoying being with Hilary and Edith."

She said having her daughter had been "one of the happiest times of my life and I'm just glad to get rid of this shadow that's been hanging over me".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4998528.stm

This whole thing confused me, what I wanted to know was how she got pregnant but it doesn't say.

FishTail Guest
    Man + jar + turkey baster

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Man + jar + turkey baster

BUUUWWWWAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHH HAAAAHHHHAAAAA

YOU SICK BASTARD!!!

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531
    BUUUWWWWAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHH HAAAAHHHHAAAAA

YOU SICK BASTARD!!!