Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: AG strongly criticizes stand-your-ground laws

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

AG strongly criticizes stand-your-ground laws

This ladies and gentlemen is a perfect example of a "zombie" cause this idiot is absolutely brain dead. Nothing exists from the brain stem up. Retreat? Retreat? From my own damn home? Retreat my fucking ass.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Attorney General Eric Holder on Tuesday strongly criticized stand-your-ground laws that allow a person who believes he is in danger to use deadly force in self-defense.
    Holder said he was concerned about the case of Trayvon Martin, in which George Zimmermann was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges, and said the Justice Department has an open investigation into what happened.
    But he added: "Separate and apart from the case that has drawn the nation's attention, it's time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods."
    In an address to an NAACP convention, Holder said it's time to question laws that "senselessly expand the concept of self-defense."

"But we must examine laws that take this further by eliminating the common sense and age-old requirement that people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat, outside their home, if they can do so safely," he said.
    AG strongly criticizes stand-your-ground laws
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

That Guy is offline No one in particular
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    In my home retreat takes on the meaning of, "Show the world what your insides look like". Have a wonderful day.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    What amazes me.. Is this law had ZERO to do with this case. If the law had been applied, he wouldn't have been prosecuted in the first place. He was prosecuted and thus his attorney's argued self defense with a jury, and won. It just shows you how brain dead these idiots are..

Not to mention that he was quoted by the media at the NAACP conference stating he recently had to have a talk with his son about dealing with the police with "caution" as a black male. The fucking leader of the Department of Justice and the chief LEO of the U.S. government was having that kind of talk. Pretty sad when even the AG stoops to that low card of race baiting.
    IMGreat101 likes this.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He can go fuck himself. I will not give up my GOD given rights just because he said so. These politicians seem to think we only have rights if they grant it to us. This is a basic human right that they have no reason touching. Lord have mercy on the soul that tries to attack me.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531 View Post
    What amazes me.. Is this law had ZERO to do with this case. If the law had been applied, he wouldn't have been prosecuted in the first place. He was prosecuted and thus his attorney's argued self defense with a jury, and won. It just shows you how brain dead these idiots are..

Not to mention that he was quoted by the media at the NAACP conference stating he recently had to have a talk with his son about dealing with the police with "caution" as a black male. The fucking leader of the Department of Justice and the chief LEO of the U.S. government was having that kind of talk. Pretty sad when even the AG stoops to that low card of race baiting.
    If you can't argue the evidence argue the wrong law? I didn't appreciate Holder dumping on the police either. Wrong law , wrong parties. Next time you give an inflammatory speech at least get some of your facts straight , Mr.AG. Did your dad have a talk with you about the neighborhood watch too perchance? Pretty bad when you dump on your own troops for political reasons. Wait a minute, I forgot this AG kills his troops (Brian Terry) by selling guns to drug cartels and then lies to congress about it. Still waiting on the uniformed Black Panther members with the billy clubs in Philadelphia that were intimidating voters at the polls to be prosecuted.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    He can go fuck himself. I will not give up my GOD given rights just because he said so. These politicians seem to think we only have rights if they grant it to us. This is a basic human right that they have no reason touching. Lord have mercy on the soul that tries to attack me.
    Amen , brother.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It would be really nice if Holder could muster that much indignation the next time a cop dies in the line of duty inforcing the laws of this land. He won't have to wait very long for the opportunity.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    "people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat"

NUTS!!!!!!!!!
    IMGreat101 likes this.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

JLK
    Verified LEO
    "people who feel threatened "

i dont feel threatened, i am the threat

Ben

brought my rifle."

President Ronald Reagan

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    FUCK HIM. Come on my property with ill will; you will leave ill.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Lord have mercy on the soul that tries to attack me.
    They would truly be, just a snack.
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Given Holder's history, maybe he would prefer if Zimmerman used his gun to force people to vote for Obama.
    JLK likes this.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    The "age old" duty to retreat????

I truly hate it when ignorant, stupid people are put into positions of power.

The "age old" practice here is indeed the right to self defense.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

JLK
    Verified LEO
    Tango Zulu 22 likes this.

Ben

brought my rifle."

President Ronald Reagan

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Holder is an idiot that feeds into the race baiting media whores like Sharpton and Jackson. This administration has promoted more racial decisiveness than any in history. The divide between the races is wider than its been in the last 40 years.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Jackrabbit26 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    There are a few things I don't get about his case.

The activists criticize the Sanford PD for not thoroughly investigating the case. This resulted in the chief being canned and the detective on the case being reassigned. But didn't the detective request charges and forward the report to the prosecutor who declined to file? I take that as, the PD completed the investigation, they didn't feel there was enough evidence to make an arrest, so they turned it over to the attorneys to see if they wanted to take it any further or not. I see this happen all the time. It's kind of like a reassurance to the PD that, yes, there isn't enough evidence to prosecute, case closed.

I think that the chief who was fired is entitled to some compensation. The detective who was reassigned should have any discipline that was put on their record removed. The officer should also be allowed to resume their old position if they wished to do so.

Jackrabbit26 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    This AG will have a lot of difficulty getting stand your ground laws removed in conservative states. The people in these states hate this Administration and keeping these laws is just another way to giving this Administration the middle finger.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have an idea. Maybe holder should make it so it is illegal to break into someone's home. Assault them, or try and murder / rape/ or commit other forms of mayhem. If those things were illegal we wouldn't need to stand our ground because no one would try those things.
    Jackrabbit26 likes this.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I have an idea. Maybe holder should make it so it is illegal to break into someone's home. Assault them, or try and murder / rape/ or commit other forms of mayhem. If those things were illegal we wouldn't need to stand our ground because no one would try those things.
    He won't do it; it would show preference of one group - the hard working American.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    FUCK HIM. Come on my property with ill will; you will leave ill.
    I look at someone attempting to break into my home while I am here as a chance for the following things..

1) Three days off with pay
    2) the chance to allow him to get in, remote lock the door, turn off the lights and let me say say "I want to play a game"
    3) See how good the night sights are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information