Welcome to the APBWeb.
    FishTail Guest

Georgia Police Union: White Officers Were Kept From Promotions

DECATUR, Ga. A former DeKalb County Assistant Police Chief is coming under more criticism after being accused of delaying the promotions of white officers on the force.

Police union officials released an audio recording Thursday purportedly containing the voice of R.P. Flemister, who is black.

On the tape, Flemister is heard asking someone: "Have you ever thought about why I ain't promoted them nine on the list right now ... because seven of them are white."

This latest recording is another black eye for the troubled police department.

DeKalb County Police Chief Louis Graham resigned last week after a fired officer released another audio recording of a profanity-laced conversation between Graham and Flemister. Flemister later announced his retirement.

Meanwhile, county commissioner Elaine Boyer held a news conference Thursday to criticize her fellow commissioners for issuing a weak statement about turmoil at the police department.

"When a white employee or a black employee places color first it is absolutely wrong," Boyer said. "Others who are elected to lead our county must speak out to stop this. They have a moral obligation to."

Foxnews.com

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    I thought we were all blue.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    I thought we were as well, unfortunately, amd I may stir the pot a bit, but I didn't hear about that up here in Chicago, I know though that I would have heard about it if the table was turned, that 7 blacks weren't getting promoted because of them being black. It's sad how one sided injustices are.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56
    I thought we were as well, unfortunately, amd I may stir the pot a bit, but I didn't hear about that up here in Chicago, I know though that I would have heard about it if the table was turned, that 7 blacks weren't getting promoted because of them being black. It's sad how one sided injustices are.
    You're not stirring the pot at all, just stating your opinion. We encourage that here.

Any type of racial discrimination is wrong. The position should go to the best and most qualified candidate, period.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    I just didn't want anyone to take my opinion as one sided. I agree if the person is qualified he/she should be the one hired, but I know that if that happened here, (hiring the most qualified) their would be race wars. If 50 people took a promotional exam here and they were opening for 10 spots, and lets say all whites were in the top 10. The test would be thrown out as racially biased. Which is unfortunate. We have people in bosses positions that should probably never been police officers in the first place. What is one going to do? This place is VERY Political, our dear Mayor would not want to piss off the constituatants. Especially when the the majority is ethnic in this city. (rather it be black, mexican, arab, all of them combined make up the majority) But if there wasn't any bias in this world we would live in a perfect one wouldn't we?
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Ummm, everyone from the DeKalb County CEO to the Chief of Police is under some kind of criminal investigation. The whole county is crooked.

jbrand is offline Rookie
    Just out of curiousity, does anybody think that there is ANY job that causes more racial tension? Or gets ACCUSED of it anymore? We caught a guy with a stolen wallet who accused us of profiling him. Perfect match on the description AND HE HAD THE WALLET. Of course, my smart mouth got me a "talking to" because I said "Hey, its not my fault none of the white, asian or mexican kids stole a wallet today" (if it feels good DON'T SAY IT).

Seriously though, what the hell, man? I had a Sgt. from another local dept. tell me once that whenever he arrests someone and they start in on all the "profiling" and "brutality" stuff, he waits until they calm down or at least shut up, and then he tells 'em this- "Man, you got treated fairly today. I gave you every courtesy I could, and your behavior set the tone for this. But when you start in accusing someone of profiling you or brutalizing you, you're covering up the voice of someone who WASN'T treated fairly and maybe DID get brutalized." Well, not verbatim, but close.

I don't know if it works for him, but damned if it ain't the truth.

Thread Information