Welcome to the APBWeb.
    HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

new non-fiction "Acquittal"

The man who got OJ, Casey Anthony and Phil Spector off | New York Post

There was shock across the country in 2011 when 25-year-old Orlando mom Casey Anthony was found not guilty of the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

But there was one person who saw it coming.

Richard Gabriel is one of the country’s top trial consultants, working with defendants in high-profile cases to help steer the trial toward acquittal.

Having worked on more than a thousand trials, including those of Anthony, O.J. Simpson and Phil Spector, his expertise comes in helping defense teams learn which factors will most strongly influence jurors, and this begins with the all-important jury selection.

In his new book, “Acquittal,” Gabriel shows how he picked the juries that would say “not guilty.”...
    The article goes more into detail about the three cases above, and it's a very interesting read. Not surprisingly he did a lot of research in order to try and pick the jury who would most likely find a reasonable doubt and either acquit the defendant or become a hung jury. I don't believe I'll buy the book though. I imagine Gabriel was paid enough by the defendants in those cases.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Justice is served.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information