Welcome to the APBWeb.
    kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy

92-year-old woman accidentally shoots grandson & his wife

CLINTON, Tenn. -- A 92-year-old woman mistook her grandson and his wife for intruders at her home and injured both with a single shot from her .357-caliber Magnum, police said.

Florence Duncan told deputies she awoke Sunday night to sounds of someone entering her home. She grabbed the pistol from the kitchen and fired at the pair as they entered the front door.

Her single shot struck her grandson Richard Duncan, 36, in the abdomen, exited his lower back and struck Danielle Duncan, 35, in the hand and chest.

The couple, who had a key to the home and had been caring for the grandmother, were flown to University of Tennessee Medical Center. The husband was released Monday and the wife was in stable condition.

Danielle Duncan is an Anderson County Sheriff's detective and was off duty at the time of the shooting.

It was unclear if the grandmother would face any charges, but in Tennessee it is legal to use deadly force against home intruders.
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

Sheriff is offline Banned
    I have to wonder if the couple was using voice commands as they entered the home? Or if they are accustomed to doing this even? Only reason I ask is because the story says the grandmother was asleep. Was it 7:00 p.m. or much later? 10: p.m. maybe? Midnight? Why were they there?

I can understand how it happened though. I always suspect the worst when I can't get my mother on the phone. She's not in the best of health.

That's a sad turn of events.

And having to live with shooting them is enough punishment already. And how do you put a 92 year old woman in jail anyway?

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    That would be pretty crappy to put granny behind bars. Especially when she thought there was an intruder. Hell, when I go check on my granny I pound the hell out of the door and yell as loud as I can. It gets her doggies barking and then I step out to my car and wait on her to open the door. If she doesn't open the door, then something is wrong and I go in.
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

nitestokker is offline Banned

Cool

Hey, cut the intruders a break! Danielle WAS technically a police officer and she may have been entering unannounced because she suspected an emergency! The SUPREME COURT said she can do that! Read the news before you start a lynch mob!lol!

Sorry they got hurt, but maybe the dumbasses should be more careful around heavily armed little old ladies.

Good shootin', Granny! Getting two deer with one shot where I come from earns you MAJOR kudos.

Thread Information