Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Old Cop Car

Sheriff is offline Banned

Old Cop Car

This might interest some of you. I don't think it's a bonafide high performance police package or anything, but it takes on the appearance of an old cop car.

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/s...&o=186&fpart=1

The link above has a link to the photo gallery for the images.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Uh, I drove one of those when I first came on..... They do go like a scalded ape!
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....
    OMG I feel really young now....

OH, wait....

I still am

RdrB67 is offline Officer First Class
    That looks a helluva lot better than my first car: a 1988 Ford Tempo! When I started using it in 1999 it had well over 200,000 miles on it, a light bar that actually sucked in light (rotating black holes), an inoperable siren, a "vintage" radio, a Hibatchi Spine Bender Bucket seat, and a CDI factor of about -2437.6. Oh! Lest I forget, it had one of those automatic seat belts that wouldn't disengage about every third time you opened the door, thereby pinning you in your seat to await death in a loud, grotesque miliatry fasion at the hands of the puke you just stopped.

(I disconnected the belt and it still managed to graze my skull as I got out once. Vindictive bitch.)

Finally, it tended to stall and die at inopportune moments like 2:00 am in the wrong area of town, and when you wrapped it up to 50-55 mph it would shake like a dog shitting razor blades. ("She's breakin' up Cap'n! I don't think I can hold 'errr!")

When I dared to suggest that maybe it had passed its usefulness as a patrol vehicle in the 2,000th repair request it spurred closed-door sessions of the town council to consider what punishment I should receive for my blasphemous attitude toward the sacred car!
    Last edited by RdrB67; 05-27-06 at 01:31 AM.
    "Nothing says guilty like a high-priced lawyer."
    - Tom Griswold

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by RdrB67
    That looks a helluva lot better than my first car: a 1988 Ford Tempo! When I started using it in 1999 it had well over 200,000 miles on it, a light bar that actually sucked in light (rotating black holes), an inoperable siren, a "vintage" radio, a Hibatchi Spine Bender Bucket seat, and a CDI factor of about -2437.6. Oh! Lest I forget, it had one of those automatic seat belts that wouldn't disengage about every third time you opened the door, thereby pinning you in your seat to await death in a loud, grotesque miliatry fasion at the hands of the puke you just stopped.

(I disconnected the belt and it still managed to graze my skull as I got out once. Vindictive bitch.)

Finally, it tended to stall and die at inopportune moments like 2:00 am in the wrong area of town, and when you wrapped it up to 50-55 mph it would shake like a dog shitting razor blades. ("She's breakin' up Cap'n! I don't think I can hold 'errr!")

When I dared to suggest that maybe it had passed its usefulness as a patrol vehicle in the 2,000th repair request it spurred closed-door sessions of the town council to consider what punishment I should receive for my blasphemous attitude toward the sacred car!
    I would have found a way to run that bitch into the ground. Driving rapidly backwards and then slamming it into drive, Not bothering to come to a complete stop and tossing the vehicle into park at 35mph, Max out the RPM's in neutral, then drop it into drive or reverse....

Or better yet, use it as a battering ram for a suspects vehicle.

RdrB67 is offline Officer First Class
    When we got a new chief, he was going to enter it in the local Demo Derby. He wanted to drive it wearing a pig mask and planned to drive around chucking donuts at the crowd. Never got his wish. They sold it to a "ditch-rider" before the derby. He had approval from the town until then, though.

Before I had the POS, the officer who had it drove it to the scene of a man trapped in a canal drainage. It was accessible only through a field with about a foot+ of mud. The fire trucks and ambulances all got stuck immediately. That officer drove the Tempo across that field and dropped a rope to the guy just as he was losing his grip, saving his life. The town's response? Lengthy discussions about whether they should suspend or fire that officer for mistreating that car that way.
    "Nothing says guilty like a high-priced lawyer."
    - Tom Griswold

Thread Information