Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Midtown Rambo

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Midtown Rambo

Victim Fight Backs, Kills Robber

Five robbers picked the wrong victim in Midtown Atlanta last night and one of them paid with her life.

The unidentified victim fought back; killing one robber and wounding another. Three other suspects are in jail.

The victim was walking home after getting off work as a waiter at Jocks and Jills.

The five suspects pulled up in a car and confronted the victim in the 500 block of Penn Street just before midnight.

The victim began running down the street yelling for help. Residents who heard him called 911. While he was running, the victim pulled a pocket knife from his backpack.

Two of the robbers jumped from the car. When one of the robbers pointed a shotgun at him, the victim kicked it out of his hands.

At that point two of the robbers jumped on the victim. During the struggle he stabbed both of them. One, a female, died of her wounds. A second is in critical condition.

Police arrived on the scene and with a description of the car; they quickly arrested the three other suspects.

The victim, who is a former U.S. Marine, will not be charged since police say he was acting in self defense.

So far police have not released his name.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Good for him.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Well, two of them learned the hard way.. Don't fuck with a Marine.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sweet
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Full time waiter, part time ninja. Cool.

JohnnyRotten is offline Rentacop trainer
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    "My motivation is slipping, people bug me, and I'm tired of wasting my time on drivel."

- Rep. Otis Pike (D - NY)

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    That is got to be one of the best I have seen so far
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

TXMAC is offline What am I? Fly paper for freaks!?
    Ooh - rah.....
    Whoever does not have the stomach for this fight, let him depart. Give him money to speed his departure, since we wish not to die in that man's company.

Ooh-rah Devil Dog! Now if only the suspects families couldn't sue this guy for defending himself (cause you know they will and some idiot 12 is going to be convinced that if he was a Marine, he should've just disarmed and held them for the Police)
    Peace through superior firepower.

ida40dj is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    as a former marine gotta say oohhhrahh!
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by copiceman15601
    Ooh-rah Devil Dog! Now if only the suspects families couldn't sue this guy for defending himself (cause you know they will and some idiot 12 is going to be convinced that if he was a Marine, he should've just disarmed and held them for the Police)

Dude, this is Georgia. That shit dont happen here.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    You think that's far fetched... look at this lawsuit that was in the news today.
    And this is in rednecksville, Virginia.

Lawyer-cattleman sues widow of man he killed

A lawyer and cattleman who killed a trespassing neighbor is suing the man's widow for $1.3 million, claiming she conspired with her husband to retrieve a bull that had wandered onto the plaintiff's property.

John F. Ames, who testified in his trial that he shot Perry Brooks in self-defense as the man came at him with a stick, was acquitted by a Caroline County Circuit Court jury last fall.

The two men had been feuding since 1989, when Ames used a 17th-century law to successfully sue Brooks and other neighbors to force them to share the cost of fencing Ames's 670-acre Holly Hill Farm. Ames, then 60, shot his 74-year-old neighbor on the morning of April 19, 2004.

Evelyn Brooks learned about the $1.3 million lawsuit when she was served court papers earlier this month.

"She was horrified," said her attorney, William J. Pfund, who filed papers on his client's behalf seeking $50,000 from Ames as a sanction for having to defend a lawsuit that he stated was filed "for the purpose of harassing" her.

Evelyn Brooks denied conspiring to retrieve the bull or inflicting severe emotional distress on Ames, as the lawsuit claims.

"I'm not that type of person," she said. "I think everybody in this community knows me and knows what kind of person I am."

Ames's attorney, L.F. Tyler III, declined to comment.

In his lawsuit, Ames alleges that Evelyn Brooks knew her husband was barred from Holly Hill Farm; was aware of his propensity for violence; and acted as an accessory-before-the-fact.

"Evelyn and others acted with intentional, reckless, outrageous, intolerable, offensive conduct and conduct that offended the generally accepted standards of moral decency," the lawsuit states.

Ames has filed similar lawsuits against two men who accompanied Brooks the morning of the shooting _ Michael E. Beazley and Paul J. Orlett _ and against the Brookses' son-in-law, Matthew Coleman, who had sought to arrange to pick up the bull.

A hearing on the lawsuit against Brooks is scheduled for June 23. Also on that day, a judge is to consider several pending lawsuits dating to 1989, including a $45,000 lien Ames placed on the Brookses' property because they had not paid their share of the fence and an $8 million lawsuit for a 1989 incident in which Perry Brooks fired a shotgun in Ames's direction.

Evelyn Brooks has asked the court to dismiss those lawsuits and stated she would drop a $2 million lawsuit her late husband had filed after he scuffling with one of Ames's security guards in 1989.

In December, Evelyn Brooks and her two daughters settled a $10 million wrongful-death lawsuit against Ames for $100,000.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The Hatfields and McCoys used to just shoot each other and be done with it. Now they're making their lawyers rich.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information