Welcome to the APBWeb.
    sflcop is offline They pay me to play 12 hours a day!

Thumbs down Shrink tried to have sex w/ 14 year old

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    STORY

Quote Originally Posted by LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    Psychiatrist Accused Of Soliciting Sex From Undercover Detective

POSTED: 11:15 am EDT May 30, 2006

MIAMI -- Police have arrested a psychiatrist who they said was sending illicit pictures over the Internet to a detective posing as a 14-year-old Tequesta girl.

Miami police arrested Dr. Jose Gustavo Valladares at his apartment Tuesday morning. Authorities said he had been the target of a two-month-long online predator investigation.

Investigators said that during that time, Valladares, 38, was communicating with an undercover Tequesta Police Department detective who was pretending to be a 14-year-old girl.

Valladares, who is employed by Jackson Memorial Hospital, allegedly used a Web camera to masturbate and send pictures of his penis. Police said he also discussed traveling to Palm Beach County to meet the girl.

"A psychiatrist certainly knows the emotional sequela that comes from this type of abuse to a victim -- a child," said Miami police spokesman Bill Schwartz. "It's a lifelong emotional problem, but clearly this guy doesn't care."

Valladares is charged with distribution of harmful material to a minor and online solicitation of a minor for sex. A charge of lewd and lascivious exhibition is pending.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

sflcop@LAWENFORCEMENTFORUMS.CO M

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Sounds like there's a new political party in Amsterdam that he'd fit in with.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Just shows that even the damn doctors are loosing their minds.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

kingpervis is offline Nobody
    I have seen Dateline NBC do a few of these stings with law enforcement. Their dragnet brings in all levels of society from dirtbag drug dealers to Rabbis and teachers.

Like most things, a person could argue that pedophilia is just being reported more these days, so that is why it looks like there are so many perverts in the world.

Is that really so? Or has the internet made it easier for people to fall into that temptation? Easier access, you know what I mean? 20 years ago, if Joe Pervert wanted to gain access to children and spend time alone with them, he needed to get into a position of trust with the child's family: be a teacher, good neighbor, scout master, cleric, etc. That took hard work. Now all Joe Pervert needs is a modem and a lack of supervision.

If there is indeed a spike in pedophilic activity, I wonder what long-term effects this will have on society with such an increase in victims.

This sexual sickness is infecting men and women of all walks of life. Has it always been this prevalent?

Thread Information