Welcome to the APBWeb.
    FishTail Guest

Gunman hunted after two boys shot

A masked gunman who shot two teenage boys is being hunted by police.
    Officers said the attacker was among a number of men in a car that pulled up beside the boys in the Ardwick area of Manchester before midnight on Saturday.

A 15-year-old was shot five times - in the chest, back, groin, buttock and thigh. His 13-year-old friend was hit once, in the lower leg.

Detectives are still trying to find a motive for the attack, which happened as the boys played in the street.

Supt Gerry McGowan said a silver car drove up to the teenagers, who were with a group of other youngsters, and the masked man got out.

He said: "A group of youths were gathered when a silver coloured vehicle approached and another youth got out and a number of shots were discharged.

"One male received five bullet wounds to his upper body and leg. He is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

"Another male received a bullet wound to his lower leg. He is still receiving treatment at hospital.

"We cannot say what was the motive for the attack and early indications are that this is not a random attack, although we cannot say whether the youths who were hit were the intended targets."

Police said up to four other men may have been in the car with the gunman and may have all been wearing masks.

The gunman is described as about 6ft tall, of muscular build, wearing dark clothing and a balaclava.

The group of about five children were attacked as they played on a grassy pedestrian strip of land linking Billing Avenue to another residential street.

Police were unable to confirm the type of weapon used in the attack and said no firearms had been recovered.

Detectives want to speak to anyone who may have information about the car, or the men travelling in it.

BBC News

Explain that one then

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Must have been a crossbow or blowgun, as the firearms restrictions there would definitely have prevented any handgun or rifle being used!

*sarcasm off*

JohnnyRotten is offline Rentacop trainer
    When you criminalize guns, only criminals have them.

I feel bad for those kids, though.
    "My motivation is slipping, people bug me, and I'm tired of wasting my time on drivel."

- Rep. Otis Pike (D - NY)

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Must have been a crossbow or blowgun, as the firearms restrictions there would definitely have prevented any handgun or rifle being used!

*sarcasm off*
    Crossbows are illegal too

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    My gosh, he must have thrown very small rocks VERY hard! If he gets out of jail, he could have a future as the next pitcher for the Yankees!

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Explain that? Well my guess would be, the boys were drug dealing on someone else's ground. And should have been home in bed at that age and at that time of night! And I'd bet they had no lights on there bikes either.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

clare911 is offline Banned
    Is this world going to crap at the moment or is it just me. How many stadding has there been upto now from last month in th UK alone 59 knife attacks. And now Kids getting shot. This yr just keeps getting better "NOT." The sooner the Goverments pull there thumbs out of there asses and give us back our police depts and just leave us the hell alone to do what we do best, the sooner everyone is happier and the scum is off the streets.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    What is the make up of the area? Is it a normally high crime area? Did someone piss off someone with a homicidal brother?
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42
    Explain that? Well my guess would be, the boys were drug dealing on someone else's ground. And should have been home in bed at that age and at that time of night! And I'd bet they had no lights on there bikes either.
    I'm with you on that one Trojan, and as for the boys "playing" in the street........... yeah right!

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clare911
    Is this world going to crap at the moment or is it just me.
    Yes, this world is going to crap, and no, it's not you, my friend.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail

The gunman is described as about 6ft tall, of muscular build, wearing dark clothing and a balaclava.

Police were unable to confirm the type of weapon used in the attack and said no firearms had been recovered.

BBC News

Explain that one then

So the bullets in these kids are invisable?

What I want to know is how they know that the gunman was 6 feet tall when he was sitting down in a car?? Maybe a drug deal gone bad?
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I thought the suspect had got ot of the car to shoot them?
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

FishTail Guest
    That's what I read. The Daily Mail is saying they (the kids) were suspected of drug dealing.

Thread Information