Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.

Alaska Recriminalizes Marijuana Possession

ANNE SUTTON
    Associated Press

Three years after this state's top court legalized the use of small amounts of marijuana, Gov. Frank Murkowski signed a bill recriminalizing the drug.

The law - signed Friday - will be challenged in court, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska, leading to a likely judicial review of the state's marijuana laws.

Another provision of the bill, which is not in dispute, would make it tougher to buy ingredients used in making methamphetamine.

In a press release, Murkowski said the state's current marijuana laws send the wrong message to Alaska's youth.

While the Supreme Court court ruled three decades ago that the right to privacy was far more important than any harm that could result from use of the drug, Murkowski says marijuana is a far more potent and dangerous drug now than it was in the 1970s.

Under the new law, pot possession of 4 ounces (113 grams) or more is a felony. Possession of less than 4 ounces (113 grams) but more than an ounce (28 grams) is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year in jail. Less than one ounce (28 ounces) is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail.

Take that you druggies!

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

narc is offline Dope Destroyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly

ANNE SUTTON
    Associated Press

Three years after this state's top court legalized the use of small amounts of marijuana, Gov. Frank Murkowski signed a bill recriminalizing the drug.

The law - signed Friday - will be challenged in court, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska, leading to a likely judicial review of the state's marijuana laws.

Another provision of the bill, which is not in dispute, would make it tougher to buy ingredients used in making methamphetamine.

In a press release, Murkowski said the state's current marijuana laws send the wrong message to Alaska's youth.

While the Supreme Court court ruled three decades ago that the right to privacy was far more important than any harm that could result from use of the drug, Murkowski says marijuana is a far more potent and dangerous drug now than it was in the 1970s.

Under the new law, pot possession of 4 ounces (113 grams) or more is a felony. Possession of less than 4 ounces (113 grams) but more than an ounce (28 grams) is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year in jail. Less than one ounce (28 ounces) is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail.

Take that you druggies!

that didn't last long did it........
    "Here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

clare911 is offline Banned
    One Question, how does the Mayor now it is more stronger now then in the 70's. LOL. J/k.

I think people with cronic pain she be aloud to obtain the drug for there DR put still dan it on the Street.

narc is offline Dope Destroyer
    Quote Originally Posted by clare911
    One Question, how does the Mayor now it is more stronger now then in the 70's. LOL. J/k.

I think people with cronic pain she be aloud to obtain the drug for there DR put still dan it on the Street.

but that wasn't the point of the AK law.....I got a cronic pain in my knee would that qualify me
    "Here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by clare911

Were you high when you wrote that sentence?

There are plenty of legal pain meds available. There is no medical proof that MJ does a damn thing medically anyway except get you loaded.

That is odd that it got repealed though. The bullshit is getting more acceptance in other places.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

FishTail Guest
    Last I heard, whatever it is in cannabis that relieves pain doesn't get you high. It's also medically available. The problem is, it doesn't make you high (problem from the druggie's point of view). So, that being said, I don't think cannabis should be used as a medicine. It's pain relieving properties are already available, just not in the way druggies want it.

Thread Information