Welcome to the APBWeb.
    FishTail Guest

British "human Rights" Madness Again

A yob who spent all day on a roof lobbing bricks at cops was "rewarded" with a KFC takeaway. Police gave him the meal because of his HUMAN RIGHTS as the suspected car thief staged his second rooftop siege in seven months.

Last night, furious locals blasted his soft treatment. One, Leanne Roberts, 19, said: "It's disgraceful. People are starving while he is served like a king."

And John Swatton, 74, added: "If I was in charge I'd shoot him down with a rubber bullet. Public funds are being wasted molly-coddling him."

Neighbours in the road -- which was closed -- in Gloucester city centre identified the man as Barry Chambers, 26. He scaled the three-storey house early yesterday after allegedly stealing a car and leading police on a high-speed chase. Up to 50 cops with riots vans were said to be at the scene. After cops were bombarded by bricks from a chimney for 12 hours, the food and cigarettes were sent up by crane.

A police spokesman said: "He demanded various things and one was a KFC bargain bucket. We have to look after his human rights."

He finally came down just before 10pm after 19 HOURS. Neighbours said Chambers climbed on a roof near a police station last November -- and came down after he got food.

The Sun

From my hometown too

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    I all for just leaving. I htink we should do that at riots as well.

Lets just leave, heaven forbid we abuse someone's human rights.

And then later when people are screaming that the police ought to do something, we come in and take care of business!

Curt581 is offline Whatever
    Verified LEO
    I'd like to see Taser come up with a shoulder fired version with multiple darts and 100 foot leads, just for situations like this.

It'd be just like skeet shooting...

PULL !

Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    He also demanded a pack of his favourite cigarettes! Where does that come under human rights? I daren't even get started on this one!

JohnnyRotten is offline Rentacop trainer
    This looks like a job for the 12 ga. beanbag round. Or perhaps the Fire Brigade could loan you a water cannon.
    "My motivation is slipping, people bug me, and I'm tired of wasting my time on drivel."

- Rep. Otis Pike (D - NY)

FishTail Guest
    My personal choice would have been a 30-06 JHPBT

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Don't they make net launchers? I mean, come on, tangle him up with something like an old-fashioned bolo or something. The weapon wouldn't kill him, but the sudden stop at the end of the fall would at least take the fight out of him.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    A police spokesman said: "He demanded various things and one was a KFC bargain bucket. We have to look after his human rights."
    When I think human rights, I think security, due process, liberty, political, equality, and welfare. Okay, so welfare rights require that people be provided with education and protected against starvation and severe poverty. Since when do KFC and cigarettes fall into the welfare rights category? If he's hungry and wants a smoke, let him get it himself!

He finally came down just before 10pm after 19 HOURS. Neighbours said Chambers climbed on a roof near a police station last November -- and came down after he got food.
    19 hours? What a waste of man power and money. The problem is, he knows that if he sticks it out long enough he will eventually get what he wants. After all, he tried it once before and it worked, right? He wouldn't have lasted 19 minutes here (I hope not anyway).

FishTail Guest
    Got bring up a copy of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Then bring up a copy of the European Convention on Human Rights. You'll be amazed at the crap we have to put up with here.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Got bring up a copy of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Then bring up a copy of the European Convention on Human Rights. You'll be amazed at the crap we have to put up with here.
    Nothing amazes me anymore, LT! As Pink Floyd would say "I have become comfortably numb!"

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    What about the rights of those whose houses he smashed up? Or the people whose cars he trashed by throwing bricks at? No, poorly handled by a guy with his eyes on the next rank. I'm disappointed that no one from the original car chase followed him up and dealt with him at that time.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'd have volunteered to shoot him. I've got a bow and arrows, so it wouldn't even have been violating the gun laws.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

K9ForLife is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Don't they make net launchers? I mean, come on, tangle him up with something like an old-fashioned bolo or something. The weapon wouldn't kill him, but the sudden stop at the end of the fall would at least take the fight out of him.

And if the civil courts over there are anything like in the US the family will be there suing the crap out of the city, mayor, chief and officers involved. And they WILL win. This is a tough situation to handle. I know what we would like to do but of course this always differ from what we have to do.

FishTail Guest
    Our civil courts aren't like yours, thank God!

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    My personal choice would have been a 30-06 JHPBT
    I couldn't agree more. I would say get up there throw his stupid ass off, then stomp the ever lovin shit out of him on the ground. Then throw him in the wagon.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Fuck his chicken. Pepper balls would have fixed him good.

Thread Information