Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Should we care about tainted heroin?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 16.67%
  • Yes, Hypes are People to.

9 16.67%
  • No

8 14.81%
  • No, give the guy making it an award.

21 38.89%
  • Who Really Cares?

7 12.96%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Question Authorities continue to investigate tainted heroin

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...al&id=4278276#

Authorities continue to investigate tainted heroin Police hope West Side arrest yields answers
    By Karen Jordan
    June 16, 2006 (Last Updated: 5:11 PM) - Chicago Police say they have made a key arrest in their investigation into a potent batch of drugs on the streets of Chicago. Heroin combined with a powerful prescription drug has killed more than 60 people in Cook County in the last few months.

Chicago police say not only was Thursday arrest key, they are investigating about a dozen other high-level drug dealers and hopes to make more arrests in their ongoing effort to get this tainted drug off the street.
    "This will be a long haul for us. Because the thing that's driving this drug, obviously, it's a profit margin. Huge profit margin associated with this narcotic," said Deputy Supt. Charles Williams, Chicago Police Dept.

Chicago police Friday acknowledged that they have an ongoing fight to get deadly batches of heroin off the streets. It is laced with the powerful prescription drug fentanyl and has killed more than 60 people in Cook County over a period of several months and hundreds of people nationwide.

But with Thursday's arrest of a West Side man accused of dealing the drug near Cicero and Huron, police, with residents, are hopeful that they can learn more about the origin of the tainted drug.

"It's coming from the top. So if it's coming from the top, and they -- young dealers -- killing people, what are we going to do about that? It's best we start from the top and work our way down to the bottom," said Charles Streeter, resident.

Before Thursday;s arrest, Chicago police had already arrested more than 100 drug dealers to find out more information about suppliers. A lab in Mexico, where the drug might have been made, was taken down in late May by authorities there.

A two-day conference wrapped up Thursday where police, federal drug agents, and public health officials discussed the fentanyl crisis which is becoming larger than anticipated.

"We need to prosecute a lot of these people federally, because this pipeline extends across the borders. A dope dealer who gives a victim deadly drugs is no different than an offender who fatally shoots a victim with a weapon," said Supt. Phil Cline, Chicago Police Dept.

Chicago police say they are working with federal agents in an effort to make selling fentanyl laced heroin a crime separate from other drug offenses.

Let me get some of your views and then I will share mine.
    Last edited by Pedro56; 06-17-06 at 10:34 AM.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    selling deadly drugs shouldnt be treated lightly, even if the poisoned drug was illegal in the first place. Dying is dying, and using drugs, however dumb it may be, should not carry a death sentence. Accidents do happen, but way too many people are dying from this stuff.
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

That's the area where my Dad grew up in Chicago, bwahahah. Sure has changed since 80 years ago, ok maybe not that long ago.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    Fuck em, met thousands of junkies in my short career. 1 or 2 got off their asses, took the support and help offered and made it through.

9999/8 spat in the face of those that tried and then stole their wallets/tvs/insert item here. Usually by holding a blood syringe to their necks or just kicking the crap out of them and that was after telling the judge they were changed people (in between laughing in his and my face)

Drugs arent a disease its an addiction that was voluntary so the junkies are responsible for their own sad pathetic lives. Why should decent people that worked hard for a decent life suffer?

Bottom line? Every junkie that dies is 50+ crimes that dont happen and 50+ victims saved.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    I am with Garda. Same thing for Gang shootings. The only thing that concerns me there is that innocents may be caught by a stray or a bad shot. Beyond that, go ahead and do it so I don't have to worry about ya later.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    I volunteer to hand out the needles to the WingNuts..

mainedawg is offline da dawg
    Hypes are dealers waiting for the chance to cash in. They will die anyway. Give them what they want and they will leave the rest of us alone.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    not long after the chicago police warned the public on what street corner the deadly herion was being passed out and that it was killing people. the next day more than 60 shitbags showed up to get there free sample but i say fuck 'em less folks scamming the goverment
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This may be a finalist for the Ultimate Darwin award.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garda
    Bottom line? Every junkie that dies is 50+ crimes that dont happen and 50+ victims saved.
    I wouldnt generalize... I know some junkies around here that are actually decent people... sure, they're a little wierd, but they're not all victimizing predators...

...I must agree with Conalabu about the gang shootings though, but thats an entirely different scenario... Theres a big difference between a junkie shooting up, and a thug shooting up half a city block... perhaps if they knew how to aim well, gang shootings wouldnt be so bad... at least all the dead people knew what they were getting into... I guess you can say the same about drugs, sure they know its risky... but knowingly making death a sure thing for another person is... well, murder... and however useful it may appear to be, it is still wrong. Defensive killings and executions are one thing, but selling death for a profit? come on...
    The one exception would be the morons that bought it even when they knew what it was... I really cant say anything for anyone dumb enough to do that...
    Last edited by General Patten; 06-17-06 at 11:12 PM.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."

Verified LEO
    Well, I look at it this way, we lost 60 some odd burglars, robbers, guys standing at the exit of the expressway to wash your windows and wait for the oppurtuned time to car jack you. These people (and I use that term lightly) are the dregs of society, they get the welfare, they get the stamps, they collect the SSI, they pay little to no taxes. They are dirt balls. I have yet to met a hype I like and I have met quite a few in my day, the hypes in Michigan must be different. The ones I've met are scum. They would stab you in the back no sooner if you let them.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

damn.. sounds like quite a problem over there... We have our f***ups here, but the hazardous ones usually seem to prefer other choice drugs

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    The Junkies I refer to mostly use Heroin, thats the drug of choice in Ireland. Cocaine was seen as a rich kid drug but its getting cheaper and circulating more than it used to. I dont class dopers as junkies, just dopers.

And I only know a few coke heads that didnt go into the sewer and crime, 1 was my brother and they all kicked the stuff before being dragged down.

RdrB67 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by General Patten
    I wouldnt generalize... I know some junkies around here that are actually decent people... sure, they're a little wierd, but they're not all victimizing predators...
    Decent people?!! What kind of "junkies" are you talking about? I know some people hooked on, say, pain meds that are otherwise fairly decent, but heroin?!!

Maybe you need to elaborate on how you define "junkie," I guess. Where I live, the "junkies" include the more hard-core users and they are useless wastes of human flesh; walking petrie-dishes that spread filth, disease and misery to everyone they touch.
    "Nothing says guilty like a high-priced lawyer."
    - Tom Griswold

Verified LEO
    damn.. sounds like quite a problem over there... We have our f***ups here, but the hazardous ones usually seem to prefer other choice drugs
    Are you saying you would invite some of these junkies into your home? I mean they are actually decent people. "Hey Harry the Heroin Head come on over you are actually decent, I am having dinner tonite. Please leave the silverware, the china, my plasma TV, my playstation, try not to rape my wife or daughter." Are you kidding me? There is no such thing as a decent hype.'

[

CRACK HEADS <--------Link Takes Awhile to load but watch it.
    I know I am just dying to meet some of these people.
    Last edited by Pedro56; 06-18-06 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56
    Are you saying you would invite some of these junkies into your home? I mean they are actually decent people. "Hey Harry the Heroin Head come on over you are actually decent, I am having dinner tonite. Please leave the silverware, the china, my plasma TV, my playstation, try not to rape my wife or daughter." Are you kidding me? There is no such thing as a decent hype.'

[

CRACK HEADS Takes Awhile to load but watch it.
    I know I am just dying to meet some of these people.
    Apparently I used the term 'junkie' far too loosely. The 'users' I referred to as decent people are not the evil wastes of life you are describing, but rather they are habitual users that use too much for their own good. Thats what I frequently call a junkie. A habitual robber/rapist is what I simply call an asshole... but thats just my opinion.

...And yes, I have invited a few of these 'decent people' heroin addicts into my home before, and I even let a couple of them stay the night for a few days when they were temporarily homeless, and will happily do so again, as they were very respectful of myself and my property at all times, which is more than I can say for a few of the 'clean-and-sober' people who have been in my home. Perhaps these users really are of a highly unusual variety, but we really cant expect everyone to place themselves in a typical, predictable category, can we?

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Apparently I used the term 'junkie' far too loosely. The 'users' I referred to as decent people are not the evil wastes of life you are describing, but rather they are habitual users that use too much for their own good. Thats what I frequently call a junkie. A habitual robber/rapist is what I simply call an asshole... but thats just my opinion.

...And yes, I have invited a few of these 'decent people' heroin addicts into my home before, and I even let a couple of them stay the night for a few days when they were temporarily homeless, and will happily do so again, as they were very respectful of myself and my property at all times, which is more than I can say for a few of the 'clean-and-sober' people who have been in my home. Perhaps these users really are of a highly unusual variety, but we really cant expect everyone to place themselves in a typical, predictable category, can we?
    well i hope u had everything in ure home bolted down. "decent people" are u fuckin joking me? who are u mother theresa? hypes and addicts are no different both will lie, steal and sell their newborn for a hit. hell they can come over to my house and fuck my sister
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

MisterK is offline Monkey Man
    Do you have any kids or a girlfriend when you invite them into your home?
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

One of these days the term, "We told you so" is going to come up.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0
    One of these days the term, "We told you so" is going to come up.
    My heart does not bleed for these creatures.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information