Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: AOL rep fired

katiemh Guest

AOL rep fired

Wow.

Customer calls to cancel his AOL account, CSR rep refuses to let him cancel the account.

According to AOL, the rep was fired for this.

AOL rep vs. the customer

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    ever try to delete AOL off your new computer? just about can't do it.
    Last edited by bufford408; 06-21-06 at 11:25 PM.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    Yeah AOL is a real pian in the butt when you try to cancel, and God forbid if you use one of those free 1000 hour programs to get started!! They will charge your credit card for three months trying to get you to stay and then you have to fight for the money back.
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Wow. First time I have heard anyone acting as a customer service rep throw down the "you will listen to me" act. I pull that if I am looking to put someone in cuffs, not get them to buy or keep a product. That dude needs more than a firing. He needs to be set on fire.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu
    . He needs to be set on fire.
    Ouch!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu
    ...That dude needs more than a firing. He needs to be set on fire.
    LOL...

I might even go back to AOL if they had customer reps that were on fire. They could put more fire on the reps the slower they handled your problem.

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    sad part is exactly WHY aohell fired him. Did ya'll read into that?

He was fired for not getting the whole little why you choose to leave survey finished, and just went ahead after all that and cancelled the account.

So he was fired by "company terms" for cancelling the customer's account to easily, without trying harder to keep him. Really f'd up.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Can you guess what I received in the mail today?

URGENT - Please reply today. Call 1-866-486-0329 without delay. We have been unable to verify your account information, which may result in an interruption of your AOL service. To address this issue...

Hello? What account information? I don't have an account with AOL. Never have, and never will. When my husband called (just to have some fun) he was told by some guy in India, who couldn't speak a word of understandable English, that he would have to call another number. Click...

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Been there done that, worst mistake I ever made (electronically),finally had to go to my credit card company and tell them it was fraudulent charges.How do these rectal apetures (a-holes) keep getting away with this crap???In the future I see a LARGE class action suit against them because as more people cancel they will have less $$$$ to pay off the politicians.

sflcop is offline They pay me to play 12 hours a day!
    When I was younger (18) I used to work for AOL in the retention/cancelation department. You are trained to be just like that. You are trained to do just about everything possible to not let the member cancel, including giving free time. The question about business or personal use was right out of the training manual. Not sure how it is now, but back then if you got a member to saved (called to cancel and did not) you got $3 immediately, if they were still a member in 30 days you got $7, and if they were still a member in 90 days you got $15. Do the math at 50 saves a day, staying for 30-90 days.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

sflcop@LAWENFORCEMENTFORUMS.CO M

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2

URGENT - Please reply today. Call 1-866-486-0329 without delay. We have been unable to verify your account information, which may result in an interruption of your AOL service. To address this issue...

Hello? What account information? I don't have an account with AOL. Never have, and never will. When my husband called (just to have some fun) he was told by some guy in India, who couldn't speak a word of understandable English, that he would have to call another number. Click...
    I get those phishing emails all the time - They should be reported immediately to the REAL company's security department, so the web sites and phone numbers can be disabled.

Banks are especially quick to contact the ISP's to pull the plug on those scam websites and databases that only exist to collect credit card numbers and passwords when people click on the links in the emails & fill in their info.

In some cases a wildcat IP number is used, but I think the companies that maintain the Internet backbone can block those too, if the request officially comes from a large corporation like Bank of America or AOL with an established relationship.

On one phishing email I got, the website was shut down within 15 minutes of my getting the email, and I'm sure the database was also locked down, if it was hosted by a legit ISP
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 06-23-06 at 03:16 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Julie is offline Banned
    I have aohell also for at least ten years and i really have had no problems with them , except for talking to india when i have had to call , and there was a time i went to NY and a friend sat up my laptop so i could go online, didnt know it was charging me by the minute and landed a whopping 500 plus charge , i called and talked to them and they took that amount off my account without a problem . when i cancelled a program they had and they kept charging they did credit it all back to me .. i guess i got lucky ... and they lowered my monthly amount ...

Detective7653 is offline Police Detective
    Yeah Dish satelite is about the same way. You get a diffrent person every time you call and when you ask for the guy you been dealing with no one knows who they are. Then when you tell them what the other guy told you they tell you he didn't have the athourity to tell you that.

Then they set there and lie to you and then when you want it in writing they tell you well I can't actually do that.

AgentParsons is offline I'm no damn "Bounty Hunter"; I'm a Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2

There is an Identiy Scam based on this ploy. Tehy try to get your data when you call to "VERRIFY THAT YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON" I got such a letter a while back that had a WA return address; yet there was Canadian Postage on it!

I just droped it off to the local USPS Inspectors Office
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion!

AgentParsons is offline I'm no damn "Bounty Hunter"; I'm a Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemh
    Wow.

Customer calls to cancel his AOL account, CSR rep refuses to let him cancel the account.

According to AOL, the rep was fired for this.

AOL rep vs. the customer

It's good that he recorded the call; how ever, it some areas thats a crime. Here in RI as long as one party is aware of the recording its legit! I have digital recorders on my business line.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion!

Thread Information