Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Operation Snakebite Nabs a Bunch O Gang Bangers and a Female Copper

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...al&id=4292376#
    Gang members arrested in drug crackdown
    By Charles Thomas

June 21, 2006 - Dozens of alleged gang members were arrested during a drug raid at a CHA complex in an attempt to curb gang violence and crack down on the sale of heroin.

A CHA spokesman said the raid was the largest of its type in a CHA development. More than 400 federal and local officers stormed the Dearborn Homes on the city's South Side. Authorities said one of the area's largest heroin sales operations was based there.
    Officials searched all 800 apartments -- occupied and vacant.

"We had 10 search warrants, which allowed us to go into those locations. But also cooperating with C.H.A., we were able to go into any vacant apartments that the gangs may have been using for their own purposes," said Supt. Phil Cline.

The raids targeted members of the Cobra street gang, which prosecutors allege sold up to $25,000 a day of heroin. The gang also had in its possession the synthetic painkiller Fentanyl, which is used to make heroin stronger, prosecutors said.

"These lines or brands had names like Max Pain, Reaper, Lethal Injection, Drop Dead, Fear Factor, the Final Call," said Gary Shapiro, asst. U.S. attorney.

Officials had warrants for 47 but took 30 of them into custody on Wednesday. One of them is a 29-year-old Chicago police officer. She reportedly had a personal relationship with a Cobra leader and is accused of providing law enforcement information to the gang.

CHA residents concerned by raid

Some people who live in the Dearborn Homes but are not gang members feel their constitutional rights may have been violated.

"I had my state ID, got all my information, and they don't want to hear that. They just want to call for the cuffs," said Andre Westmoreland, Dearborn Homes resident. "Not a warrant at all. Nothing."

Police: Two arrested trying to buy drugs

During Operation Snakebite, two other men were arrested while trying to buy drugs at the CHA building. Police said about 50-percent of the Cobra sales went to people outside the neighborhood.

Cobra leader arrested in Ohio; Fentanyl tested

Meanwhile, officials said alleged Mickey Cobra King James Austin, 29, was arrested in Akron, Ohio.

Prosecutors said they have not linked the synthetic painkiller they found with the Cobras to any of the 80 fatal overdoses under investigation. Part of the continuing investigation involves forensic chemistry where lab technicians are trying to determine the origin of the Fentanyl.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Verified LEO
    All I can say is I am glad that Tasheka Sledge a supposed police officer from the 021st District, is on my side helping us combat gangbangers..........yeah right. I am happy that the superintendant is going to pursue charges on her.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

slamdunc is offline On The Beat
    I wonder if she just found her way into the 'Hug-a-Thug' program or if she was a banger that was groomed to be a cop.
    These guys keep some of their junior members out of trouble and pay to educate them. They have their own cops, lawyers, doctors, pharmacists and many other professions.
    At any rate, she needs to be the example.
    'The Art of War' teaches us to "Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's coming, but on our own readiness to receive him"--Sun Tsu

Verified LEO
    Who knows, all I know is that the DEA has been watching her for awhile and they just released that she has been feeding information to the Mickey Cobras

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    The raids targeted members of the Cobra street gang...

Wow, they've really fallen. When I was a kid Cobra was an international terrorist organisation bent on world domination. No wonder GIJoe's not around so much anymore.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

dla4079 is offline Corporal
    Verified C/O
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion44
    The raids targeted members of the Cobra street gang...

Wow, they've really fallen. When I was a kid Cobra was an international terrorist organisation bent on world domination. No wonder GIJoe's not around so much anymore.
    LMAO!!!

Capt. D. Larimore
    NTISF Gang Unit

Verified LEO

Emily is offline Corporal

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc
    I wonder if she just found her way into the 'Hug-a-Thug' program or if she was a banger that was groomed to be a cop.
    These guys keep some of their junior members out of trouble and pay to educate them. They have their own cops, lawyers, doctors, pharmacists and many other professions.
    At any rate, she needs to be the example.
    Whatever she was, it started with "c" and ended with a "t"

And I HATE that word!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Thread Information