Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.

Karzai says 600 Afghan deaths 'not acceptable'

Karzai says 600 Afghan deaths 'not acceptable'
    Demands new approach to war on terror; U.S. announces deaths of 4 GIs
    The Associated Press

Updated: 7:31 a.m. CT June 22, 2006
    KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan President Hamid Karzai urged the international community to reassess its approach to the war on terror Thursday, saying the deaths of hundreds of Afghans in fighting with U.S.-led forces was “not acceptable.”

Meanwhile, the U.S. military announced the deaths of four American soldiers in eastern Afghanistan.

A clearly frustrated Karzai said the approach being taken by coalition forces to hunt down militants does not focus on the roots of terrorism itself.

“I strongly believe ... that we must engage strategically in disarming terrorism by stopping their sources of supply of money, training, equipment and motivation,” Karzai said during a press conference.

In recent weeks, Afghan and coalition forces have launched a massive anti-Taliban operation across four southern provinces aimed at killing or capturing fighters blamed for an upsurge in violence.

More than 600 people, mostly militants, have been killed in recent weeks as insurgents have launched their deadliest campaign of violence in years. At least 14 coalition soldiers have been killed in combat since mid-May.

“It is not acceptable for us that in all this fighting, Afghans are dying. In the last three to four weeks, 500 to 600 Afghans were killed. (Even) if they are Taliban, they are sons of this land,” he said.

U.S. soldiers killed
    The four U.S. soldiers who were killed died in combat Wednesday in eastern Nuristan province while conducting security operations to block the movement of enemy forces, a coalition statement said.

One soldier was wounded in the fighting in the province’s Kamdesh district and evacuated for treatment. He is in stable condition, the military said.

Ground troops and attack planes were called in to continue the assault through the night, the military said. It was unclear if there were any enemy casualties.

Who can argue logic like this?

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    Yeah I dont get it.....Maybe us big bad Americans should stop kiliing the bad guys and GIVE THEM THE FRIGGEN KEYS TO KABUL BACK!!!!
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Fiveocommando is offline I need more cowbell!!
    The only part of Karzai's statement that made any sense was the part about cutting off their money and equipment supplies. The part about Taliban still being sons of Afghanistan is assinine...who in the hell does he think put him where he is today?
    Honest, I only had two officer.....

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveocommando
    The only part of Karzai's statement that made any sense was the part about cutting off their money and equipment supplies. The part about Taliban still being sons of Afghanistan is assinine...who in the hell does he think put him where he is today?

How about we just cut off their "equipment"?

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Those "sons of Afghanistan" have tried to kill Karzai several times. I guess he didn't notice because THE AMERICANS WERE PROTECTING HIS SORRY ASS.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Yep, time to pull out of that f-ing shithole... Drop a few hundred planeloads of AK-47's, gernades & plenty of ammo over the cities & seal the place off so all they can do with the weapons is kill themselves, what the f--- do I care?

We did our jobs, now it's time they stood on their own two feet or rot in a ditch, all the same to me.

Same goes for Iraq.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    I say we pack up and leave and let the assholes assinate him and we watch from the sidelines as the rock throwers take the country back over.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Thread Information