Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Angry Blowing Up Chicago's Sears Tower

Sears Tower may not have been terror plot's only Chicago target By Chuck Goudie
    June 27, 2006 - Seven people were arrested last week for allegedly plotting to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago. ABC7's Investigative Team learned there was another Chicago target.

Related Links:
    Watch the Video

The Chicago native accused of plotting to wage Jihad on his home town wasn't going to stop at the Sears Tower, according to newly released federal documents obtained by the I-Team.

Authorities now say that Narseal "Brother Naz" Batiste was interested in taking down the tower and taking out federal agents who would investigate such an attack.

What Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez failed to mention last week was that government buildings outside south Florida were also in the group's gunsights.

Until federal court records obtained Tuesday revealed it, the Sears Tower appeared to be the only Chicago target of the accused terrorists.

But the nation's tallest building wasn't alone. The FBI in Chicago was also on the terrorists' hit list.

The second Chicago target is identified in this motion to deny bond for the accused terrorists. Federal prosecutors say they men planned to use explosives to destroy the offices of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Chicago and three other cities.

Had the bombing plot actually been carried out in Chicago, the alleged terrorists might well have attacked the wrong building. For years the FBI's Chicago headquarters was located in the Dirksen Federal Building. It was in this South Dearborn Street highrise at the time the bomb plot was allegedly being engineered last winter.

The current FBI center in Chicago is on the west side as a standalone building that just began full operations three weeks ago with very little fanfare.

Authorities believe the Miami terror suspects-had their plan been executed-would have tried to attack the offices that are now empty in the Dirksen Building but will one day house federal prosecutors and US District court rooms.

Federal investigators said Tuesday night that Chicago terror suspect Narseal Batiste tried to recruit someone to travel to the Middle East on an Al Qaeda fundraising mission.

The newly released court documents reveal that Batiste wanted the emmissary to lobby Islamic extremists for money to fund the Sears Tower attack, the assault on the Chicago FBI and the other bombings.

According to prosecutors, that person did not go to the Middle East for Batiste but did go to the FBI about him.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....
    Idiots
    Life is a fleeting memory,
    It come and goes,
    But one thing will always remain.
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

pbrown118 is offline Officer 1st Class
    wow, thats my hometown! id have looked the other way had they wanted to blow up U.S. Cellular Field... yes filled to the gills with white sox fans...
    GOD MADE POLICE SO FIREMEN WOULD HAVE HEROES!

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrown118
    wow, thats my hometown! id have looked the other way had they wanted to blow up U.S. Cellular Field... yes filled to the gills with white sox fans...
    even in a terror plot fuck'en loser ass never won a world series in there life northside scumbags gotta get there 2 cents in
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Vote again on wiping out a few countries that are nicey nicey with terrorists?
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

pbrown118 is offline Officer 1st Class
    Quote Originally Posted by bird1
    even in a terror plot fuck'en loser ass never won a world series in there life northside scumbags gotta get there 2 cents in
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah well we aint got much else to talk shit about, so i gotta get it where i can. LOL
    GOD MADE POLICE SO FIREMEN WOULD HAVE HEROES!

GarcoDeputy is offline Officer First Class
    Dip Shits!!!!
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
    Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO

Thread Information