Welcome to the APBWeb.
    AgentParsons is offline I'm no damn "Bounty Hunter"; I'm a Professional

Accused Cop Killer Estaban Carpio....

Carpio was found GUILTY on all counts in Rhode Island Superior Court for the 2005 shooting death of Det. Sgt. James Allen in side police head quarters. And now faces life in prison with out possibility of parole after the jury reject his insanity defense.

Allen was questioning Carpio as a "PERSON OF INTREST" and not a suspect in regards to the mugging and stabbing of an elderly woman earlier in the day.

Carpio reportedly asked for a glass and as Allenís partner went to get it for him he attacked Allen overpowering him and shooting him to death.

Carpio then shot out a third floor window in a semi-circular pattern and jumped to the ground. He was apprehended a short time later after an alert Cab Driver was called to pick Carpio up at AS-220; a local arts house, on Washington St. The driver had been alerted by a police scanner to the search for Carpio and notified Police when he was called to take Carpio to New York.

Allen was a 27 year veteran of the Providence Police Department and leaves behind 3 daughters and a wife.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Too bad Rhode Island isn't a "fry me" state.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

A while back; in the mid 90's, when Sgt. Steve Shaw was killed in Providence by a robbery suspect hiding in a closet they tried to reinstate the death penalty here and if failed.

Then again they tried in 2000 when Sgt. Cornel Young was shot and killed by two fellow Providence Police Officers out side a troubled night spot as he attempted to assist the officer's on a man with a gun call. Young was inside the restaurant when a disturbance broke out and someone pulled a gun from their car.

Young; an African American, whom was off duty and dressed in all black with a raised black hoody drew his .40 service weapon and exited to restaurant to assist the two offices that had driven by and witnesses the disturbance.

These two officers; an FTO and a Rookie, order Young to drop his weapon and Young apparently thought they where talking to the suspect before the Officers opened fire striking Young in the chest, stomach and head. Young later died from his injuries at Rhode Island Hospital.

The suspect that pulled the gun in the first place was a convicted felon and claimed he was attempting to defend himself against some one that wanted to beat him. He was charged with felon in possession of a firearm and violation of parole and automatically sent to prison to serve out the remaining 13 years of his prior sentence. As well he was charged and convicted for Youngís death and given an additional 20 years to serve!

I'm surprised they did not try to do it again. Ever since they hung the wrong man here in RI in the late 1800's they have been afraid to put someone to death here.

I still say since Carpio stole the Officers weapon and used it in a Capitol Crime with special circumstances the State should have allowed the Fedís to take the case.

Under Federal law upon conviction he could have been sentenced to death as he used a stolen firearm in the commission of a Capitol Offense with special circumstances.

pbrown118 is offline Officer 1st Class
    somebody needs to drag that f*ck out back and shoot him. life in jail???... do these people not realize that he is going to be a god in there? whatever he wants, whenever he wants. he isnt going to want for nothing and served on a silver platter by the other inmates. he is gonna have it real rough in there!
    GOD MADE POLICE SO FIREMEN WOULD HAVE HEROES!

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown118
    somebody needs to drag that f*ck out back and shoot him. life in jail???... do these people not realize that he is going to be a god in there? whatever he wants, whenever he wants. he isnt going to want for nothing and served on a silver platter by the other inmates. he is gonna have it real rough in there!
    The first 5 to 10 years will be in solitary where we might get lucky and he will frag himself. Cheaper to bury then house/feed and medicate for life!

Thread Information