Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Enjoy July4th and make sure not to speed in the following 10 city's

Waunakee, WI -- June 29, 2006 -- The Fourth of July weekend is one of the most heavily travel times of the year. As people prepare for their holiday trips, they should be on the lookout for speed traps. Nothing can ruin a vacation more quickly than an undeserved speeding ticket. As a public service, the National Motorists Association (NMA) has prepared a list of the top ten speed trap cities in the United States.

All motorists would be well-advised to keep these locations in mind while driving this holiday:

1. Detroit, Michigan suburbs
    2. Washington D.C.
    3. Orlando, Fla.
    4. Colorado Springs, Colo.
    5. Houston, Tex.
    6. Virginia Beach, Va.
    7. Austin, Tex.
    8. Baton Rouge, La.
    9. Nashville, Tenn.
    10. Fresno, Calif.
    This list was created from the NMA's SpeedTrap Exchange, a site devoted to identifying the location of speed traps.

Although these are the top ten speed trap cities in the nation, arbitrarily low speed limits combined with heavy enforcement means there are many other areas in which drivers should be alert to avoid a traffic citation.

Motorists who wish to enjoy their travelling time this weekend, should visit www.speedtrap.org for a full list and specific locations of speed traps. Forewarned is forearmed.

The National Motorists Association was established in 1982 to represent the interests and rights of North American motorists. It is a grassroots organization that operates at the national level and through a system of state chapters. It continues to advocate safe and reasonable speed limits set in accordance with traffic engineering standards, not arbitrary political whim. The NMA is entirely supported through the contributions of individuals, families, and small businesses.

Julie is offline Banned
    I hate the term speed trap .... I have argued this many times .
    What is a speed trap ? Isnt there signs posted for speed limits ? If your going over limit , isnt that why ( generally ) one is stopped ?

Most major areas where speeders are known to travel and accidents due to speed are identified and saturated , hence , more ticket writting etc . So where is the trap ?

Speed limit says 70, it doesnt say '' pick your speed and if we dont like it we will stop you '' ....

So someone explain speed trap , please !!

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    I hate the term speed trap .... I have argued this many times .
    What is a speed trap ? Isnt there signs posted for speed limits ? If your going over limit , isnt that why ( generally ) one is stopped ?

Most major areas where speeders are known to travel and accidents due to speed are identified and saturated , hence , more ticket writting etc . So where is the trap ?

Speed limit says 70, it doesnt say '' pick your speed and if we dont like it we will stop you '' ....

So someone explain speed trap , please !!
    I love your enthusiam, Julie!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    The term speed trap refers to a point where speed limits are enforced by police. It is generally understood as meaning a specific location in which police wait in concealment. For example, a police car might wait behind a bridge or overpass, out of sight of approaching motorists, but has also been applied to locations where a speed camera is posted. It may be considered pejorative, and use of the term may suggest the appearance of speed enforcement by concealed means or excessively strict speed enforcement.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Some of the comments I saw on that web site are retarded

Police enforce speed limits - Duhhhh.

I think every Texas city I frequent is on the list and I've only gotten one speeding ticket in the past 30 years, even with a moderately "heavy foot" on the freeways.

I think the word "moderate" is the key here.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 07-01-06 at 04:53 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Bwahahahah, I just went and looked up speed traps for my area and its hilarious!!

This was one of the comments,

"worst speedtrap ever - every family member nabbed, even for 5 mile over when passing - use cruise control in wexford, or go around."

First off if your family is dumb enough not to learn when one gets a ticket, let alone 3 or 4, then you all deserve it. Second, I've rode hundreds and hundreds of hours with my county I have ridden with almost every deputy, none of them have EVER pulled anyone over for 5 over or even 10 over, passing lane or not. So ya, the people that left that comment are on CRACK, but certainly did entertain me.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    My county is listed several times and it makes me proud
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    My county is listed several times and it makes me proud
    That deserves a rep

Dooohhh...
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wcso234 again.

(\__/)

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    My favorite quote
    The local Sheriff's Department and Virginia State Troopers seem to be in a contest. I live in the area and have never gotten a ticket, but almost anytime when traveling I81 and I77 I see the officiers with vehicles pulled over. Don't go over the posted limits in Wyth County!
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    My favorite quote
    Bwahaha, its like they're doing their jobs or something?
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

I wonder if a cop posted this one for Plano, TX? Kinda funny:
    http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/...Plano&st=26108

Not a speed trap. Area is high enforcement area for Red Light Running on SH 121. Patrol vehicle, usually marked, but sometimes unmarked grey impala sits on Independence Py south of SH 121.

According to the City of Plano, the yellow light on 121 is 5.4 seconds long. At a speed of 60mph, that gives you 474.984 feet to stop. Fully loaded 18 wheelers can make the stop in that distance.

If you receive a ticket there for running the red light, its your own fault.

(\__/)

Thread Information