Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

DMV Instructor Killed in TC

DMV instructor killed in South Bay collision
    UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM
    4:12 p.m. July 11, 2006

SAN DIEGO A Department of Motor Vehicles instructor was killed while conducting a driving test in Otay Mesa Tuesday afternoon.
    The employee and the 23-year-old man taking the test were in a Toyota Corolla going east on Palm Avenue at Picador Boulevard/Beyer Way at 1:40 p.m. when the driver stopped at the intersection and the car was struck from behind by a Buick sports-utility vehicle in the same lane, police said.

One of the vehicles struck a utility pole during the crash.
    The driving inspector was pronounced dead at the crash site. The student driver was taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries, said California Highway Patrol Officer Mark Gregg.

The identity of the employee was not released while his family was being informed of the death.

Officials said DMV employees who were aware of the crash were being offered grief counseling.

San Diego police traffic officers are investigating the crash. Gregg said the CHP is lending its help to the police because the crash involves a state employee.

====additional info=====
    The driver of the SUV was a female sailor who just got back from overseas deployment. No word yet if she faces any charges.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

chris2001 is offline Captain
    That sucks all the way around.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Ruh
    Ruh is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    I'm just curious how this will effect the driver as far as getting his license. I bet he would have to take the test again...but one has to wonder how the next instructor would score him.
    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother." - Henry V

"Crime does pay, in brass and lead."

This is myspace.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh
    I'm just curious how this will effect the driver as far as getting his license. I bet he would have to take the test again...but one has to wonder how the next instructor would score him.
    I wonder if he'll be able to take the wheel for awhile. He's in the hospital with undisclosed injuries.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/9504843/detail.html

Here's an update of the story - looks like it was almost a hit and run - the driver of the SUV continued for a block before stopping.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Thread Information