Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Couple dies in Petersburg accident, police blamed

http://www.nbc12.com/home/3371036.html

Police in Petersburg are being blamed for a deadly overnight accident. The son of the apparent victims says officers sped through an intersection and hit his parents. The man says he thinks the police officers were going about a hundred miles per hour, something investigators can't confirm.

While, police aren't placing the blame on anyone yet, Timothy Allen, a life-long Petersburg resident, says he knows what happened to his parents. They had just left his house, and were near the intersection of east Washington and Henrico streets at about 11:45 p.m. last night.

Allen thinks an officer ran a red light without using emergency flashers and broadsided the elderly couple. He says both of them died at the scene.

"This is a senseless tragic accident,” Allen said. “And I want the man who was driving that police car brought up on manslaughter charges!"

While Allen says both of his parents died, police will only confirm one fatality. The state police crash reconstruction team spent most of the night at the scene of the accident, trying to figure out exactly how it happened. Police had the intersection of East Washington and Henrico blocked off last night to complete that investigation.

Timothy Allen said he plans to get a lawyer.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Thats sad that his parents are not even buried yet and he is planning on getting a lawyer. If my parents got killed that would be the last thing on my mind.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Detective7653 is offline Police Detective
    I am sure he is upset, But I agree with Beans, All he see's through his tears of greif is dollar signs $$$$$$$.

MisterK is offline Monkey Man
    While, police aren't placing the blame on anyone yet, Timothy Allen, a life-long Petersburg resident, says he knows what happened to his parents. They had just left his house, and were near the intersection of east Washington and Henrico streets at about 11:45 p.m. last night.

Allen thinks an officer ran a red light without using emergency flashers and broadsided the elderly couple. He says both of them died at the scene.
    So which is it, eh ? Could be the reporter as well...
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

nitestokker is offline Banned
    Why does this stuff even bother us any more? Every frickin' thing in the country that goes wrong gets blamed on the cops. It's boring, numbing, and lame. It's so commonplace any more that I'm surprised people even bother listening to the whole story. It seems like a rabbit could get killed by a coyote in North Dakota and somehow the media would link it to an illegal no-knock search warrant in Atlanta combined with the Illuminati, the Council on Foreign Relations, Roswell and the second shooter on the grassy knoll. Frickin' reporters are all scum and I refuse to talk to any of them.

Staci is offline Rookie
    Too funny Nitestokker! Only thing that kills the joke is that it is unfortunately, as you stated, also true. I mean, when conjecture is posed as truth.... Ug....

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Here's a thought....

Before you climb up anyone's butt...wait for the full story.

The only thing we know for sure, is two people are dead, and it wasn't related to a pursuit.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Either way the cop is screwed if he really was going that fast without emergency lights. Hope that wasn't the case, but it happens.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Allen thinks

Or not.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Update

A Petersburg police officer is on paid leave after he was involved in a crash that killed two people. Robert and Juanita Allen, both in their 70s, died when the officer's cruiser collided with their pick-up truck.

Officer David Christian was reportedly responding to a routine call. The couple's son says Christian did not have on his lights or siren. State police are investigating.

I remains to be seen if he had the light or they did. I saw in the video that there was a large gas station at the corner - it's possible there is video.

I hope they have the good sense to bring in a second agency for a parallel report.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    OK, the son wasn't there. But he's claiming that he KNOWS that an officer ran a red light, sans emergency lights or sirens. If he wasn't there, how does he "know"? Is he basing it on the idea that his elderly parents were perfect drivers of their pickup truck, never, ever having done anything wrong behind the wheel? Or the fact that if he talks enough shit, then he may get paid. Ass.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    OK, the son wasn't there. But he's claiming that he KNOWS that an officer ran a red light, sans emergency lights or sirens. If he wasn't there, how does he "know"? Is he basing it on the idea that his elderly parents were perfect drivers of their pickup truck, never, ever having done anything wrong behind the wheel? Or the fact that if he talks enough shit, then he may get paid. Ass.
    Witnesses?

No one wants the officer to be at fault, but we all know there's a 50/50 chance he is...attacking someone who just lost both his parents serves no one.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    If he ran a red light at high speed, lights and siren or not, he was incredibly stupid. Let's face it folks. It's often confusing as to where a siren is coming from, especially since a/c in cars and people have their windows rolled up. Going around busting lights and stop signs at even 30-40 mph can be dangerous.

A young officer at a neighboring dept here probably just ended his LE career after only 6 months of working on his own. There are a number of witnesses to him going through a stop sign at fairly high speed, hitting a van and killing several people in it. No matter how hot the call, if you don't arrive, you're of no value to anyone.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Thread Information