Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Canadian charged with urinating on war memorial of dead soldiers

A Winnipeg man is in custody after allegedly relieving himself on a military monument in Sudbury on Wednesday morning.

Police found Shawn Morris, 21, hiding near the Navy League of Canada monument in the northern Ontario city's memorial park.

Morris has been charged with mischief, resisting arrest, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a dangerous weapon. He was to appear at a bail hearing later Wednesday.

Staff Sgt. David Linney of Sudbury police said two officers witnessed someone urinating on the monument early Wednesday morning.

"When the officers initially observed him, he was walking through the park with a bottle of beer in his hand," Linney said. "He then actually set the bottle of beer on top of the memorial to complete his task."

On Canada Day, three young men were photographed urinating on the National War Memorial in Ottawa. One of the men was charged with mischief and all three apologized for their actions.

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    hmmm why not go with indecent exposure...and make it a sex crime?
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Thread Information