Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Man released on bail for sexual assault re-offends before leaving courtroom

A man released on bail Monday found himself back in custody just minutes later after allegedly re-offending before leaving the courthouse.

Jonathan Grant's brush with the justice system began on Monday. Three waitresses at a Hooters restaurant claimed they were harassed and sexually assaulted by the 21-year-old.

When police arrived at the restaurant, Grant allegedly attacked the officers.

Several hours later Grant appeared in an old city hall courtroom where he was released on bail. As in all bail conditions, Grant was told to "keep the peace."

But before he even left the building police allege Grant re-offended twice.

On top of the restaurant employees' allegations, police say the accused allegedly snatched a woman's purse in the courthouse hallway. Then a few moments later he allegedly groped a female court worker. That woman screamed and alerted building security.

Police arrested Grant inside the court building, having been free to await trial for mere minutes.

He was placed back into custody at the courthouse to await another appearance before a judge on the new charges.

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    geez hope the judge just doesn't let him walk again
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Thread Information