Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Worlds First Transplanted Penis Is Removed

An accident victim has become the first person to have a penis transplant.
    The 44-year-old man was given the 4in organ from a braindead patient half his age in a complex 15 hour operation.
    But the organ had to be removed just 14 days later due to "a severe psychological problem with the recipient and his wife".
    Transplant expert Professor Andrew George, from Imperial College London, said it was unclear if the man would have been able to perform sexually with the donated penis.
    "Doing a penis transplant should be no more complex than anything else," he said. "But it takes time for nerve sensations to kick in."
    Top French surgeon Dr Jean-Michel Dubernard, who performed the world's first face transplant on a woman who had been attacked by a dog this year, said psychological consequences were a serious issue for many patients.
    "Psychological consequences of hand and face allografts show that it is not so easy to see permanently a dead person's hands, nor is it easy to look in a mirror to see a dead person's face," he wrote in the journal.
    "Clearly, in the Chinese case the failure at a very early stage was first psychological. It involved the recipient's wife and raised many questions."
    During the operation, carried out by surgeons in China, nerve fibres and tiny blood vessels were stitched to the donated penis.
    It also had to be connected to the urethra - the tube that empties the bladder.
    The patient was then given drugs to stop his immune system rejecting the new penis.
    Surgical teams claimed the operation was a sucess. Tests showed it had a rich blood supply and after just ten days, the man was able to urinate through it without the use of a catheter, according to a report in the European Journal of Urology.
    The proceedure is regarded as a major step forward in transplant surgery and brings new hope to men whose sex organs are damaged beyond repair in accidents or birth defects.
    Earlier this year, French surgeons transplanted a dead woman's face on to a dog-attack victim.
    Two years ago an Austrian team transplanted a human tongue into a patient with jaw cancer. Doctors have reattached male organs before, but this is the first time they have completed a penis transplant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

And its not like he could exchange it for a bigger one either!
    Never approach a bull by the front, a horse from behind, or an idiot from any direction.

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    WOW there is hope 4 me after all
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....
    Everything in this world is meant to fail. If people actually made a car that never failed then you would have to worry about fixing it but the car mechanics would be out of a job...

Just like removing someones penis and giving it to some one else...well, i think that is just wrong... I mean think about it, you are having sex with your wife but in the same time your wife is also cheating on you with another mans penis.....just wrong man.
    Life is a fleeting memory,
    It come and goes,
    But one thing will always remain.
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I have so many questions and comments, I can't pick just one.

Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....
    lets here them all then
    Life is a fleeting memory,
    It come and goes,
    But one thing will always remain.
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Mmkay. I'll start with wondering if the couple would have had severe psychological problems if it had been any other organ?

And how would you approach the family of a brain dead patient and ask to harvest the penis?

Something that I thought of when they did the face transplant....how can anyone be prepared or know how to deal with the psychological effects of seeing (on themselves) an organ that once belonged to someone else?

And what kind of accident did the patient have that resulted in the loss of his penis that was so damaging that it couldn't be reattached?

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Dayum, four whole inches, huh?

Hmmmmm, oh well, I guess I can dream.

But, WOW, when I think of the possibilities . . . .

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Now when I get the funny drip and painfull peeing experience, I can just have them change it out for a new one!

ROCK ON!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

CopsRCool302 Guest
    If I Lost mine, well than thats the way it goes.. you can love your wife without one..

shut up Dlefdal I Know what your thinking

Who me?

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dlefdal View Post
    Now when I get the funny drip and painfull peeing experience, I can just have them change it out for a new one!

ROCK ON!
    Is there something the ladies should know about you, D?

No, nothing a little pennecilin (sp) won't clear up

J/K ladies. I'm clean.................. the others meant nothing

1*girl Guest

Supporting Member Lvl 1

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I have so many questions and comments, I can't pick just one.
    You forgot one, Buttercup! Who else has had that penis? And what did they do with it when they had it? Where has it been? If... this is too much.

kimby is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    And how would you approach the family of a brain dead patient and ask to harvest the penis?
    Most people would not think of that, BC. I am proud of you.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I thought the first one was a partial success? Apparently they transplanted the end of an elephants trunk on to a man who had lost his penis during a chainsaw accident. It worked almost faultlessly, except when passing cake shops. It kept shoving buns up his arse.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

nitestokker is offline Banned

Cool

Hey DeputyJailer! Didn't you remove Big Tony's penis and give it to Shrek to make the ball pit at Chucky Cheese more fun!?!?!?!
    Last edited by nitestokker; 09-19-06 at 05:51 AM.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    You forgot one, Buttercup! Who else has had that penis? And what did they do with it when they had it? Where has it been? If... this is too much.
    That's right, CB2! And did they remove it from all the way inside the body, or did they just lop off what they needed? It boggles the mind.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    I thought the first one was a partial success? Apparently they transplanted the end of an elephants trunk on to a man who had lost his penis during a chainsaw accident. It worked almost faultlessly, except when passing cake shops. It kept shoving buns up his arse.
    hahahahahaha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trojan 42 again.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information