Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Yeah, More Illegal Alien News

Sept. 25, 2006 The shooting of a Houston police officer has sparked a new battle over immigration.

Juan Leonardo Quintero, an illegal immigrant, has been charged with killing a Houston police officer last week after a routine traffic stop.

Police Chief Harold Hurtt blamed the federal government for failing to secure U.S. borders.

Quintero allegedly shot Officer Rodney Johnson four times in the head while in handcuffs in the back seat of his patrol car.

Johnson arrested Quintero during a routine traffic stop for speeding but apparently missed the suspect's gun in a pat-down search.

Following the shooting, a video showed Houston police officers pulling open the back doors of Johnson's patrol car and yanking the suspect out of the back seat.

"It's very easy to make a mistake. I am not saying a mistake was made," one Houston police officer said. "Unfortunately, we are in the business where a mistake can kill you."

The suspect should not have been in the United States.

Quintero was deported in 2004 after a conviction for indecency with a child.

"The subject was deported, and yet he came back, so if the government fulfilled their responsibility of protecting the border we would probably not be standing here today," Hurtt said.

The Houston Police Department has been struggling this year to deal with the influx of Katrina evacuees and an immigration problem that is only getting worse.

Border Patrol said thousands of illegal immigrants crossed into the United States each month.

Johnson received a commendation for valor for pulling several children from a burning building.

He leaves behind a wife who is also a police officer and their five children.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    They need to start live-scanning deported felons and create a national data base.

These guys come back under so many alias' it's ridiculous!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    they could build a wall around the u.s but they'll still get in
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bird1 View Post
    Land mines would be cheaper and then only pieces of them would get in.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Quote Originally Posted by bird1 View Post

Land mines and machine gun towers would slow the flow considerably tho. I hereby offer to the gov'ment my sniper rifle and skills to find a forward firing position on the border and do my part.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

lesta311 is offline Evil is my business.......
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    Land mines and machine gun towers would slow the flow considerably tho. I hereby offer to the gov'ment my sniper rifle and skills to find a forward firing position on the border and do my part.

I agree. Private security companies like Dyncorp and Blackwater make a large fortune protecting borders in the middle east. Imagine if our government offered such a contract.

I'm all for equal rights and constitutional protection for all. Our country is known for opportunity and offering asylum to those in need. However, when it gets exploited by those coming in here for the purpose of criminal enterprise or under assumed names, it compromises our communities safety and drains our public assistance resources. As a taxpayer and an American, my government has the obligation and responsibility in providing security in my community and protecting our borders. So far, they are failing miserbly in several areas. Namely border control and immigration reform.

Thank god fscf3801 is protecting our northern border. Notce how we never see news reports about roving gangs of Canadians illegally crossing our borders. Coincidence? I think not.[/

Thread Information