Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO

WI Principal shot by former student -breaking

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15060698/

WESTON, Wis. - The principal at Weston School was shot Friday morning by a former student who entered the school armed with multiple weapons, WKOW-TV reported.

The school encompasses a high school and middle school.
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Verified LEO
    School district officials told NBC News affiliate WMTV the principal was flown to a hospital for treatment. His condition was not known.

The station also reported that the school was in lock down. Busses were en route to evacuate the students.
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,

Verified LEO
    The suspect was taken into custody by police and did not harm any students, school district employee Kathy Stoltz said.

"All the students are safe," Stoltz said, adding that the motive for the shooting was unclear.

WMTV also reported that the high school wing of the campus was in lock down. Busses were evacuating students.

The campus also encompasses a middle school.

Verified LEO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

WESTON, Wis. — The principal of Wisconsin's Weston School was shot and critically injured Friday when an individual armed with at least two weapons entered the building.

WKOW-TV reported that the shooter was a former student and that the school is in lockdown.

Principal John Klang was critically injured in the shooting, and taken directly to the hospital. The shooter was disarmed and taken into custody.

The suspect came into the school and began firing one of his weapons, and was overheard saying, 'I'm not f---ing around with anyone,' Weston School District Secretary Jean told local NBC affiliate WMTV.

Klang has been with the school for two years, and is believed to be 49 years old and married with children, Jean said.

A Richland County sheriff's official said students at the Weston School complex in Sauk County are safe. Police Chief Deputy Tom Hougan said the scene is secure.

"The students are safe," Hougan said. "The scene is secure."

Cazenovia is a community of about 300 people about 60 miles northwest of Madison.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216599,00.html

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    WTF is going on this week? It's not even a full moon!

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Aren't gun free zones wonderful, just makes you feel all safe,warm and fuzzy.
    Maybe all the cities should declare their gun free zones, that way no one would ever get shot. HAH!!!

Verified LEO
    CAZENOVIA, Wis. - A ninth-grader shot his principal three times in a rural school just before classes were to start Friday, after a custodian wrested from the boy one of the two weapons he had carried into the building, the sheriff said. No one else was hurt.

The custodian took a shotgun from the 15-year-old before the student shot Weston Schools Principal John Klang with a handgun in the hallway near the school’s main entrance, Sauk County Sheriff Randy Stammen said. The student was in custody, he said.

Klang was in critical condition when he was taken by helicopter from Reedsburg Area Medical Center to UW Hospitals in Madison, hospital spokespeople said.

Authorities did not know the student’s motive and did not know if Klang was the intended target, Stammen said.

The student walked into the school about 8 a.m. and shot Klang three times as the principal approached and others tried to disarm the teenager, Stammen said.

Junior Timmy Donovan saw the student walk into the school with a shotgun.

“The janitor grabbed it away from him,” Donovan said. “And as he was walking away he pulled a .22 pistol out of his pants, and then started shooting the principal. And at that point, I guess the principal ran and tackled him to the ground, and then he had other teachers going over and helping him.”

hildren from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade attend the small school near Cazenovia, a community of about 300 people about 60 miles northwest of Madison.

Sophomore Shelly Rupp said she heard five shots and ran out of the school, but turned around and saw Klang as he was shot.

“He was laying on the ground in the hallway,” the 16-year-old said at a nearby gas station where students and townspeople gathered following the shooting. “He had just a pile of blood by his leg.”

Rupp described the shooter as a freshman with few friends and said he was “just weird in the head.”

“He always used to kid around about bringing things to school and hurting kids,” she said.

Investigators were interviewing witnesses, but other high school students were brought into the elementary school gym to talk to counselors if they wanted, authorities said. Younger students were bused home.

The shooting took place two days after a gunman took six students hostage in a Colorado high school and killed one before shooting himself.

School officials said Klang has more than 20 years of experience with the district, beginning as a school board member, and described him as kind, compassionate and soft-spoken.

Rupp called Klang a good principal who always listened to his students. Resident Laurie Rhea, 42, said Klang had spent last weekend at the gas station washing cars for a homecoming fundraiser.

“It’s horrible. All the kids just loved him,” she said.

The shooting happened as the school was preparing for homecoming weekend. School officials said all homecoming activities, including a parade, a football game and dance, have been canceled or postponed.

John Klang is in critical condition and could use some prayers.
    Last edited by TheeBadOne; 09-29-06 at 03:16 PM.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Sounds like he's a hell of a principal and looked out for his kids even in the face of death. Hope he pulls through!

SRT Sniper is offline Improvise-Adapt-Overcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by dadyswat View Post
    Aren't gun free zones wonderful, just makes you feel all safe,warm and fuzzy.
    Maybe all the cities should declare their gun free zones, that way no one would ever get shot. HAH!!!
    Ooh, Ooh, I have the answer... Expand the Gun Free Zones... That way this little 15 year old punk wouldn't be allowed to even get close to the school with a weapon!!

Yeah, Right!!

Sorry, when I was in school we were MUCH safer... No GFZ and if you got caught with a weapon, well I think it went something like... Expulsion, a TOTAL Ass whippin' from your parents, and you would end up attending Summer School to make up, plus you suffered the humiliation of being a grade behind your peers! ...Now, the parents would go to jail, the feds would take away funding because a child was held back, and the media would have a field day with the following psych hoopla about how the kid was so depressed and an outcast from society, and none of it was his fault... Blah, Blah, Blah... (Can anyone say "personal accountability"?)

Where have we gone wrong today in society? At least our parents/grandparents had an answer... One that seems to have worked!!
    Last edited by SRT Sniper; 09-29-06 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo...
    You are a sniper when all other methods to save a life are failing...
    You are a counter-sniper when someone else thinks they are as good as you with a rifle.

Nec hostium timete, nec amicum reusate - Audentes fortuna iuvat - Nemo me impune laedere
    Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Don't forget to blame the video games.

Verified LEO
    Principal shot at Wisconsin school has died, hospital says

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
    Principal shot at Wisconsin school has died, hospital says

OH SHIT!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    What a tragedy

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Don't forget to blame the music that he was listening to also.

What a shame the principle died. There are not many good ones out there its a shame when a good one is lost.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

L.E. Psych is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001 View Post
    Don't forget to blame the music that he was listening to also.

What a shame the principle died. There are not many good ones out there its a shame when a good one is lost.
    This has been a rough week for schools and for LE. I agree with OFK, WTF it is not even a full moon?????

RIP A Principal like that is rare these days, so many would have been hiding under their desk.

Blame it all on music, movie and video games - the media will take off with that one, and twist it like they do everything else.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061001/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-

Wis. town grapples with principal death

By TODD RICHMOND, Associated Press Writer Sat Sep 30, 8:31 PM ET

CAZENOVIA, Wis. - A student charged in the shooting death of his school principal was a normal teenager but often bragged about getting into trouble, a neighbor said Saturday as this tiny farm town struggled to come to terms with the attack.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hainstock, 15, told police he gunned down Weston Schools Principal John Klang before classes began Friday because he was upset with a reprimand Klang had given him, according to a criminal complaint charging him with first-degree intentional homicide. The teen was also upset because he felt teachers didn't intervene to stop students who harassed him, the complaint said.

The high school was quiet and empty Saturday under gloomy skies. Students had taped two signs flanking the main entrance that read, "In our hearts forever remembered" and "In our hearts and prayers."

"He was our loving son. That's all we can say," said Klang's mother, Jeanette Klang.

Klang was shot just inside that entrance, a day after the principal gave Hainstock a disciplinary warning for having tobacco, according to the complaint.

Alan Hahn, 50, said Saturday he has known the Hainstocks for nearly a decade, and sometimes gave Eric a ride home from school.

He said the teen enjoyed demolition derbies, racing a remote-control car on the country roads around his home and visiting his grandparents.

"He was a little wild," Hahn said. "He liked to show off. He always talked about how he got in trouble at school."

No one answered the door Saturday morning at Hainstock's house, a gray, two-story A-frame in the countryside several miles from Weston High School. A man who answered the door at the grandparents' home declined to comment.

Hainstock was arrested and charged as an adult with murder, Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett said Friday. He could get life in prison if convicted.

Detectives executed a search warrant at Hainstock's house late Friday, the sheriff said. The teen was scheduled to make an initial court appearance Monday. It was unclear whether he had an attorney.

Hainstock had pried open his family's gun cabinet, took out a shotgun, retrieved the key to his parents' locked bedroom and took a .22-caliber revolver, according to the complaint.

He entered the school with the shotgun before classes began and pointed the gun at a social studies teacher, but custodian Dave Thompson wrested it from the teen, the complaint said. When Hainstock reached for the handgun, Thompson and the teacher ran for cover.

Klang then went into the hallway and confronted Hainstock. A teacher said that after the shots were fired, Klang, already wounded, wrestled the shooter to the ground and swept away the gun, the complaint said. Students and staff detained Hainstock until police arrived, Barrett said.

No one else was injured. Klang was shot in the head, chest and leg, and died hours later at a hospital in Madison, authorities said. Results of an autopsy scheduled for Saturday were not immediately available.

School officials said Klang had given Hainstock a disciplinary notice Thursday for bringing tobacco to school, and the student faced a likely in-school suspension, the complaint said.

Hainstock told investigators that a group of kids had called him names and harassed him, and that he felt teachers and the principal would not do anything about it, according to the complaint.

It also said Hainstock had told a friend a few days earlier that Klang would not "make it through homecoming," referring to festivities planned for the school's homecoming weekend.

After the shooting, Weston's football game, dance and parade were canceled or postponed, and crisis counselors were brought in for students.

Children from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade attend the small school near Cazenovia, a community of about 300 people about 70 miles northwest of Madison.

The shooting took place two days after a gunman took six students hostage in a Colorado high school and killed one before shooting himself.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    sorry to hear he died..

kids are snapping lately...

everyone seems to be snapping lately
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It's too bad that this waste of skin didn't have the balls to point the gun at a cop. It proves what a pitiful excuse for a human he is. What a tragedy it is when such a good man as the principle in this instance is killed.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Thread Information