Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Kids, 14yo, 12yo & 9yo held up video store

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate...thestate_local

Children charged in video store holdup
    The Associated Press

CHARLESTON — Three children, including a 9-year-old boy, were taken into police custody after a video store was held up by a 14-year-old girl wielding a BB gun that looked like a pistol, authorities said.

The holdup happened about 9 p.m. Wednesday at a Hollywood Video store downtown. A 14-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy were charged as juveniles with armed robbery. The 9-year-old was not charged because police said he was too young. He was released to his mother.

Police said a girl asked to use the restroom and later pulled a black-and-silver gun on a store clerk. After the clerk gave the girl $105, she told the clerk to lift the drawer and give her more money.

Police and witnesses said a group of children had gathered in the store parking lot before the holdup. Store employees knew some of the children as troublemakers because they had bothered customers at times, authorities said.

During the holdup, a customer pulled into the parking lot and wondered why the children were out so late on a school night. The customer said children were peering through the window.

Police later apprehended the 14-year-old girl they think held the gun and found a BB pistol nearby.

All three children have been suspended from school and will probably be recommended for expulsion, said Charleston County School District spokesman Jerry Adams.

“I can’t say that we see it often, but we weren’t startled,” said Anne Seymour, chief prosecutor in the juvenile division of the local solicitor’s office.

Interim Charleston Police Chief Ned Hethington said someone could have been hurt and an officer arriving at the scene might have fired, not knowing the child held a BB gun.

“Giggling while they left the scene,” Hethington said. “Imagine that.”
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Put them in a bag, and drown them in the river.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Be interesting to see who the parents are of these kids.......
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    Be interesting to see who the parents are of these kids.......

Drown them too so they cant breed anymore.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    drown them.....no, no, no

castrate them and have their reproductive organs in a jar for them to look at for the rest of their and their parents lives!

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061001/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-

S.C. official: Sterilize bad parents

Sun Oct 1, 7:14 AM ET

CHARLESTON, S.C. - A City Council member, reacting to a video store holdup believed to have been carried out by children, says parents who can't properly care for their kids should be sterilized.

"We pick up stray animals and spay them," Larry Shirley said in a story published Saturday by The Post and Courier of Charleston. "These mothers need to be spayed if they can't take care of theirs. Once they have a child and it's running the street, to let them continue to have children is totally unacceptable."

Shirley's comments come after police say a video store was held up by a group of children, including a 14-year-old girl suspected of wielding a BB gun that looked like a pistol.

The holdup happened about 9 p.m. Wednesday at a Hollywood Video store. A 14-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy were charged as juveniles with armed robbery. A 9-year-old boy was not charged because police said he was too young. He was released to his mother.

"What we've got is a failure in society, whether it's in Mount Pleasant with yuppie parents or whether it's on the East Side with poor crackhead parents," he said, referring to areas in and around Charleston.

State Sen. Robert Ford, a Charleston Democrat, agreed that the crime highlights a societal problem but dismissed Shirley's suggestion to sterilize people as "crazy."

"What Larry Shirley needs to talk about is getting City Council to provide some recreational facilities and activities for these kids and creating an atmosphere conducive to a normal society," said Ford, also a former councilman.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information