Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Settled out of court

This maybe a repost, but I don't care.

Accused of killing deputy, suspect shot 68 times
    ‘We would have shot him more,’ sheriff says of SWAT team’s actions

MIAMI - A fugitive gunman accused of killing a Florida sheriff’s deputy was shot 68 times by SWAT team officers who found him hiding in the woods, according to autopsy results.

Police fired 110 shots at Angilo Freeland, 27, the target of a massive manhunt in central Florida following the shooting death of Polk County Sheriff’s Deputy Matt Williams Thursday.

“That’s all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

Judd said Williams was “executed” after Freeland was pulled over in a routine traffic stop on Thursday. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

Williams, 39, was shot eight times—one bullet fired at close range behind the deputy’s right ear and another in his right temple, according to autopsy results released on Saturday by the sheriff’s office.

Sheriff’s officials said SWAT team members found Freeland on Friday hiding under a fallen oak tree in a wooded area near where the deputies were shot, and began firing when they saw a gun in his hand.
    Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

Got to love the Sheriff's quote.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

eMachine is offline Ret. Lt w/no class
    That SWAT needs more range practice. Too many misses resulted in a waste of 32 rounds.
    Last edited by eMachine; 10-01-06 at 09:51 PM.
    "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." - Gener Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I just hope some SOB doesn't try to bring a lawsuit against the SO. The rat bastard got better than he deserved, if life was fair the guy would have gotten the living hell beaten out of him first, then dragged to death behind the fallen deputy's patrol car.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

ticktwrter is offline Rookie
    You can bet some family member will bring a law suit. I hope the fucker felt pain for a little while before he died. I hope he burns in hell. Good job to all of the officers involved. God bless Off. Williams.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    If they do file a lawsuit, I suggest we at LEF file a class action lawsuit against them for pain and suffering.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Thread Information