Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    TheeBadOne's Avatar
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    03-13-06
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    7265083

    Back in the news, again (Video)

    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

  2. #2
    chris2001's Avatar
    chris2001 is offline Captain
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    2,690
    Rep Power
    680859
    Nicely done by all officers involved from what I can see.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

    Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.


    May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

  3. #3
    Trojan 42's Avatar
    Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-18-06
    Location
    Twixt the Moor and the Sea, England
    Posts
    3,003
    Rep Power
    4327282
    Didn't appear to consider his back drop before opening up with that assault rifle. Bit of a worry for me.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.



    I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

    It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

  4. #4
    OfficerResource.com's Avatar
    OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-11-05
    Posts
    20,388
    Rep Power
    8592466
    Easy to play monday quaterback.

    The officer was getting shot at. Shooting the assault rifle while cars are going by seems to be a bit deadly. Others could of been hurt.


    BUT. No one was hurt and the bad guy was caught so job well done

  5. #5
    Trojan 42's Avatar
    Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-18-06
    Location
    Twixt the Moor and the Sea, England
    Posts
    3,003
    Rep Power
    4327282
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Easy to play monday quaterback.

    The officer was getting shot at. Shooting the assault rifle while cars are going by seems to be a bit deadly. Others could of been hurt.


    BUT. No one was hurt and the bad guy was caught so job well done
    Yes it is easy to play Monday morning quarter back, but we can all learn from situations that have occurred. If mistakes are made (and I've made enough) I see nothing wrong in making an observation about it. If every post just said 'Good Job' it could give some the wrong idea. Training has always evolved by analysing incidents and learning from them, both the good and bad.

    Imagine the outcry if those early shots had killed those in the passing vehicle.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.



    I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

    It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

  6. #6
    ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    Join Date
    06-27-06
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    50848
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Yes it is easy to play Monday morning quarter back, but we can all learn from situations that have occurred. If mistakes are made (and I've made enough) I see nothing wrong in making an observation about it. If every post just said 'Good Job' it could give some the wrong idea. Training has always evolved by analysing incidents and learning from them, both the good and bad.

    Imagine the outcry if those early shots had killed those in the passing vehicle.
    Agree ^

  7. #7
    Cst.SB's Avatar
    Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Join Date
    05-11-06
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    1066998
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Didn't appear to consider his back drop before opening up with that assault rifle. Bit of a worry for me.
    I watched the read before reading the responses and that was the same thing that went through my mind.

    The second volley of rounds were aimed low to take the tires out and a lot less dangerous than firing at the cab of the truck.

    It's not something I think I would have considered doing, but I don't know to what exteme I would have gone to take out someone who just shot two people and my Sgt.

    It worked out in the end and that's what matters.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Holliday back seat drivers
    By RPDP44 in forum General Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-07, 08:52 AM
  2. Web Video Shows Mexico Man's Beheading
    By Piggybank Cop in forum In the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-07, 08:26 AM
  3. my town in the news again.
    By lilbeck in forum In the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-07, 01:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •