Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Question Town Marshal Arrested For Impersonating Police Officer

Very strange... I thought a Town Marshall had to be a TCLEOSE-certified peace officer in order to be employed. Maybe I should apply, if I have a year to get a TCLEOSE license. This is right down the road from me.

Although perhaps technically well-founded, this charge does sound frivilous.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/10055717/detail.html

Marshall Creek, TX: Town Marshal Michael Gates was arrested for impersonating a police officer.

Dallas police arrested Gates while he was soliciting security business to help raise revenue for Marshall Creek which is currently under bankruptcy protection, Gates said.

"I told the deputy I had been appointed and sworn and I was completing the requirements for licensing, which I have a year to do," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gates was handcuffed for about an hour and a half, he said, and was released nearly eight hours after his arrest. He admitted that he didn’t have his peace officer’s license on him at the time of his arrest.

"Bottom line is he was not a licensed peace officer at the time of his arrest,” a police spokesman said. “We explored every scenario in which every individual can lawfully carry a gun and he did not pass muster on any of those."

No charges have been filed against Gates for impersonating a police officer, but he is currently being charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon.

A spokesman for Marshall Creek said Gates’ arrest is bogus and that he has the town’s support.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 10-12-06 at 10:58 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I would assume that the town marshall rules do not apply in this area of TX that would be my guess.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Thread Information