Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Unhappy Maywood K-9 officer shot inside his parked police car for unknown reasons

A Maywood police officer was fatally shot inside a police car late Monday. Maywood police have asked that the identity of the fallen officer be withheld until proper notification of the his family can be made. The 37-year-old officer, a resident of Schiller Park, was pronounced dead at 11:43 p.m. Monday at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, according to a spokesman from the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office. The unidentified officer was shot multiple times at Erie Street and 6th Avenue, according to the spokesman. NBC5's Kim Vatis reported that the the victim was a canine officer and that his canine partner was uninjured. According to a dispatcher at the Maywood Police Department, the shooting occurred at 125 S. 5th Ave. Witnesses told Vatis that police response was intense and somewhat overwhelming. "I understand that the situation was going on, but it seemed like the situation just got totally out of control for a minute," said Maywood resident Edward Bowman. "(The police) came into the house, searching the house like we were criminals and everything ... you know, we're a young family and we don't have any incidents like that, not in our household." Bowman said his wife was half-dressed and his children were woken by the commotion when police barged into the home. He said police were kicking in doors in the neighborhood. Bowman said a lieutenant later apologized to him for the disruption. No suspects are yet in custody.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    http://www.nbc5.com/video/ i recent years maywood has turned into a getto suburb of chicago. they tore down most but not all of the public housing high rises in the city and most of the the crime is heading west. prayers go out for this officer. i'll keep checking around to see if they have a suspect.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    RIP brother.

"Stupid should hurt."

Verified LEO
    heard on fox news that they're questioning some people of interest. no suspects at this time
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

cwtlady is online now Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    "I understand that the situation was going on, but it seemed like the situation just got totally out of control for a minute," said Maywood resident Edward Bowman. "(The police) came into the house, searching the house like we were criminals and everything ... you know, we're a young family and we don't have any incidents like that, not in our household." Bowman said his wife was half-dressed and his children were woken by the commotion when police barged into the home. He said police were kicking in doors in the neighborhood. Bowman said a lieutenant later apologized to him for the disruption. No suspects are yet in custody.
    I'm sorry to hear the news of the fallen officer.

If the tables were turned and someone had just killed one of their family members they would want the police to turn over every table to find the killer. And crime is never convenient, did they want the police to wait until they got dressed and had coffee? Boy, if a killer were loose in my neighborhood I'd want the police to do whatever it took to find him.

And that did happen only the killer wasn't on the loose. He was in our neighborhood and he had just killed an officer. Makes me so angry when people only think of themselves at a time like this.

Bless you all and be safe.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Rip
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Possible gang initiation?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Verified LEO
    a parolee is being held for questioning after police checked the computer terminal of the fallen officer. this person was stopped and questioned, and had his name run by officer wood before he was shot to death.

Verified LEO
    Posted: Saturday, 28 October 2006 7:49PM

$1 Million Bond For Suspect In Maywood Cop's Murder

MAYWOOD, Ill. (WBBM) -- Bond was set Saturday at $1 million for 29-year-old Terry Gilford, the suspect in the murder of Maywood Police Officer Thomas Wood.

The bond is for charges of unlawful use of a weapon, possession of firearm by a felon, possession of stolen firearm, possession of controlled substance with intent-because it was 16 grams of crack cocaine.

Gilford has not been charged with Wood's murder.

Gilford remains in custody, with a Nov. 15 court date the next one scheduled.

The judge today also set no bond, at the state's request, on a violation of bail charges against Gilford stemming from earlier trouble with the law.

Contents of this site are Copyright 2006 by WBBM

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    There is also a possibility of a former Maywood Officer.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Thread Information