Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0

    Shaquille O'Neal reported to be involved in botched child porn raid in Virginia

    ORLANDO, Fla.- Shaquille O'Neal may have been off his game when he took part in a botched child pornography raid in Virginia while working as a reserve sheriff's deputy.

    Bedford County Sheriff's Lieutenant Michael Harmony tells The Associated Press that the Miami Heat center was present when a search warrant was served last month at the wrong house.

    O'Neal pursues his interest in law enforcement during the offseason. He has denied being part of the mishap.

    Residents who were mistakenly confronted at their home have filed formal complaints.

    Authorities blame the Internet provider for pinpointing the wrong address.

    A man briefly held by police says he heard O'Neal was present but he didn't see the seven-foot-one, 325-pound All-Star in all the commotion.



    Sounds like a certain LEO has an integrity problem?

  2. #2
    kay88's Avatar
    kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    09-28-06
    Location
    New Ulm, MN
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    60408
    Honestly though, how can you miss a 7'1 325lb man even with commotion. I guess I wouldn't miss someone that big, but maybe I'm just more observant than this man...?
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #3
    Andrewtx's Avatar
    Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    Join Date
    12-31-05
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    5920551
    Seems to me like he just thinks of LE as a hobby. Seems pretty insulting.

  4. #4
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewtx View Post
    Seems to me like he just thinks of LE as a hobby. Seems pretty insulting.
    In fact it is....VERY insulting!

  5. #5
    TheOldRhino's Avatar
    TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    05-23-06
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,142
    Rep Power
    2707686
    I disagree. I think it's a great a black celebrity role-model actually supports police.

    I'm not blaming Shaq, our defectives fuck up shit like this all the time and us slick sleeves are usually caught in the middle. The only reason Shaq probably got caught up in this to begin with is because the full-time guys probably knew better than to help the dick that took out the warrant.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

  6. #6
    Willowdared's Avatar
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Join Date
    04-26-06
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,177
    Rep Power
    1401351
    He's a reserve, right? All they do is go to the call?
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

    Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

  7. #7
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I'm not blaming Shaq...
    I don't blame him for the screw-up, he was probably their to have fun, gain experience, and for public relations for that agency. What I don't like is him not being able to admit that he was there, when even the cops who were there, say he was there. The next time something he is a part of goes bad, is he going to bail on that also, and deny involvement.

  8. #8
    Darin's Avatar
    Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Mid Atlantic area
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    2186974
    Why are you so sure he was there?

  9. #9
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin
    Why are you so sure he was there?
    Bedford County Sheriff's Lieutenant Michael Harmony tells The Associated Press that the Miami Heat center was present when a search warrant was served last month at the wrong house.

    Unless the Lieutenant was lying...??? You would know more about this than any of us...

  10. #10
    Hannibal's Avatar
    Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-27-06
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,847
    Rep Power
    2067665
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I disagree. I think it's a great a black celebrity role-model actually supports police.

    I'm not blaming Shaq, our defectives fuck up shit like this all the time and us slick sleeves are usually caught in the middle. The only reason Shaq probably got caught up in this to begin with is because the full-time guys probably knew better than to help the dick that took out the warrant.
    I have to agree with Rhino on this one. Many stars turn their back on communities and focus on themselves alone, others right a check to try to help others in need. I have heard that Shaq gives finacial support for good causes but I think it is great for him to want to give his time and publicity as a (reserve, or whatever) officer. He serves as a positive role model for kids and like Rhino said, how many pro-police black male celebs do you know of?

    Just my opinion, but I think some of you guys are a little harsh on him, especially since none of us were there to KNOW what's what. It sounds to me that it is a he said she said incident, a MEDIA fuck up / make up story, or perhaps the Lt. was mistaken. Besides, I would think he would be hard to miss and a scene; and therefore, would give his claim some weight.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 10-26-06 at 10:24 AM.

    "Stupid should hurt."

  11. #11
    kay88's Avatar
    kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Join Date
    09-28-06
    Location
    New Ulm, MN
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    60408
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    He's a reserve, right? All they do is go to the call?
    I don't know how it is in other states or if the regulations go by county or not. In Rice County they go to calls with the officer they are riding with and help in any way they can. And of course follow any orders given to them by any officer. I don't have my little list of all the things required so I don't have all my information on hand currently...haha
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

  12. #12
    10-42Adam's Avatar
    10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    09-24-06
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    5,928
    Rep Power
    200413
    I've never been a fan of Shaq even way before he ever became involved in LE. Yes, I do think it's a good thing that a black celebrity is showing a positive influence in LE, but as you can see it's already causing problems! Someone is obviously lying here. The Lt. is saying he was there, Shaq is stating he was not. What is going on here?!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

    A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

  13. #13
    TheOldRhino's Avatar
    TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    05-23-06
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,142
    Rep Power
    2707686
    Reserve or not, celebrity or not. He's a brother officer, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt- I would do the same for any other officer here and I'd expect the same in return.

    We weren't there, so we don't know what really happened or even what's going on in Shaq's head. So, just as with any other officer, I will have his back until he gives me reason not to.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

  14. #14
    121Traffic's Avatar
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    01-09-06
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,547
    Rep Power
    6332992
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Reserve or not, celebrity or not. He's a brother officer, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt- I would do the same for any other officer here and I'd expect the same in return.

    We weren't there, so we don't know what really happened or even what's going on in Shaq's head. So, just as with any other officer, I will have his back until he gives me reason not to.
    +1984574359
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

  15. #15
    Darin's Avatar
    Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Mid Atlantic area
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    2186974
    I can't comment whether he was there or not. I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt.

  16. #16
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb

    Bedford County Sheriff's Lieutenant Michael Harmony tells The Associated Press that the Miami Heat center was present when a search warrant was served last month at the wrong house.

    O'Neal pursues his interest in law enforcement during the offseason. He has denied being part of the mishap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Reserve or not, celebrity or not. He's a brother officer, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt- I would do the same for any other officer here and I'd expect the same in return.

    We weren't there, so we don't know what really happened or even what's going on in Shaq's head. So, just as with any other officer, I will have his back until he gives me reason not to.
    Right, but the problem is, you've got another "brother LEO" saying he WAS there. You can't pull that card when you have 1 LEO saying one thing, and another LEO saying the opposite. Someone is lying, someone is lacking integrity. The only question is, which one of the two is it?

  17. #17
    10-42Adam's Avatar
    10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    09-24-06
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    5,928
    Rep Power
    200413
    Exactly, Term. Which is what I was trying to say in my first post!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

    A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

  18. #18
    TheOldRhino's Avatar
    TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    05-23-06
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,142
    Rep Power
    2707686
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

    Right, but the problem is, you've got another "brother LEO" saying he WAS there. You can't pull that card when you have 1 LEO saying one thing, and another LEO saying the opposite. Someone is lying, someone is lacking integrity. The only question is, which one of the two is it?
    Yeah, but Shaq is saying he wasn't part of it. That doesn't mean he said he wasn't there. Maybe Shaq is being ambiguous, or maybe the media is just trying to put their dirty spin on it to make it sound like Shaq is lacking integrity. I'm sure it's not the latter- far be it from the media to serve their own interest.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

  19. #19
    Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Reserve or not, celebrity or not. He's a brother officer, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt- I would do the same for any other officer here and I'd expect the same in return.

    We weren't there, so we don't know what really happened or even what's going on in Shaq's head. So, just as with any other officer, I will have his back until he gives me reason not to.
    + 1

  20. #20
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm one to stick up for a fellow LEO, through thick and thin, trust me.

    But you can't use the "I'll give the brother LEO the benefit of the doubt" arguement, when you have two different LEO's saying two different things. That's all I'm saying. It's logic. Whom do you believe? I'm not trying to discredit either one of them.

    Though the media has reason to not be fully trusted, it seems odd they would falsely quote a Lieutenant from the Sheriff's Office by saying that he said Shaquille O'Neal was there. Of all the things they could make up, why that?
    Last edited by Terminator; 10-27-06 at 08:56 AM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •