Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Dateline NBC's sex predator show claims it's first victim

Former Kaufman County District Attorney Louis "Bill" Conradt Jr. killed himself Sunday as police tried to serve an arrest warrant for soliciting sex with a minor, authorities said.

Police who entered Conradt's home when he refused to answer the door heard a shot and found Conradt fatally wounded with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at a Dallas hospital.

Murphy police Sgt. Snow Robertson said Conradt had solicited sex from a decoy posing online as a 13-year-old. Murphy police were attempting to serve a search warrant for his computer and the arrest warrant when Conradt shot himself.

The Dallas Morning News reported in its online editions Sunday that the sting that resulted in Conradt's arrest warrant was a joint operation between Perverted Justice, an Internet watchdog group, and NBC's "Dateline" that lured men seeking sex with children to a house in Murphy.

Murphy police said Conradt had not gone to the house there but they believed he would.

Robertson said there was nothing police could to do prevent Conradt's death.

"When somebody decides to do this, there is nothing you can do," he said.

Conradt had worked for the Kaufman County District Attorney's Office for more than two decades before giving up the position of district attorney to run an unsuccessful campaign for judge. He was chief felony assistant district attorney for Rockwall County.

Murphy Mayor Bret Bishop told the newspaper that he hopes Murphy won't be used again as a trap for child predators.

"We're going to do whatever we need to do to make sure this doesn't continue," he said. "I think it's a noble cause, but our police department is hired to serve and protect our citizens, and not to expose them to outside threats."

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    It's a noble cause that got a child predator out of the community. I wonder how the mayor would feel if it was his kid the guy went after.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I don't feel bad. The guy was obviously disturbed.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    "I think it's a noble cause, but our police department is hired to serve and protect our citizens, and not to expose them to outside threats."

For some reason this statement bothers me. Maybe I am just misunderstanding it. Either way, the series has proved several things. In the beginning and in the end the excuses are all the same, but after several operations, the same excuses were combined with the fact they (the perps) had seen the previous shows and knew it could be a set up, yet they went anyway and their first thoughts on camera was "my life is over". Well, boo fucking hoo for you.

IDBLTAP is offline "Donuts...are there anything they can't do?"
    That's awesome. Its nice that these guys are offing themselves now so the lifers in prison don't have to get their hands dirty. Have a happy eternity in hell.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. -- Psalm 144:1

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by OFK View Post
    For some reason this statement bothers me. Maybe I am just misunderstanding it. Either way, the series has proved several things. In the beginning and in the end the excuses are all the same, but after several operations, the same excuses were combined with the fact they (the perps) had seen the previous shows and knew it could be a set up, yet they went anyway and their first thoughts on camera was "my life is over". Well, boo fucking hoo for you.
    +1 to that.

Sexual predators killing themselves? Perfectly acceptable with me.
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Oh darn <insert eyeroll here>
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Thread Information