Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Emily is offline Corporal

Unhappy Bennington, Nebraska Officer Dies After Short Illness

Officer Louden used to work with my brother at a air-rescue dispatch center, and according to him, Louden admitted himself into the hospital while on duty and later died from a "short illness" which is believed to have been a heart attack. None of us are sure what actually happened because nothing has been officially released as of yet.

LOUDEN-James Jay, age 44yrs, of Omaha, died March 19, 2007, in Omaha, NE, after a short illness. James (Jim) was born on September 12, 1962 in Inglewood, CA. He moved from Redondo Beach, CA to Fremont, NE in 1970. He grew up and attended school in Fremont, graduating from Fremont High school in 1980. Jim attended the Nebraska Law Enforcement Academy in Grand Island, Nebraska in 1985/86. He went on to become a law enforcement officer in Yutan, Saunders County Sheriffs Department, Schuyler, Madison, Valley, Waterloo, and at the time of his passing was an officer on the Bennington Police Department, Jim was also an EMT with the Valley Volunteer Fire Department. Jim is survived by son, Nicholas Louden of Omaha; his parents, Lloyd and Linda Louden of Fremont; sister, Laurie (Stacey) Smith, of Houston, TX; brothers, Scott Louden of Fremont, and Steven Louden of Arlington, TX; nephew, Jared Louden of Fremont. Jim is also survived by his fiancee, Christy Rothermund and her three children Brian, Christine, and Mary Rothermund, all of Omaha. Also his very best friend and brother since childhood, KC Bang. Jim also leaves behind many aunts, uncles and cousins, friends and fellow officers and firefighters. Jim was preceded in death by his paternal and maternal grandparents, Ben and Sally Louden, and Harvey and Viola Widgren, and one Aunt, Jackie Louden. Jim was a member of the North American Search Dog Network-Disaster Response. He loved training and caring for his bloodhounds. Also a member of United States Marshals Service Fugitive Apprehension Team-Central U.S. and the Nebraska Police Officers Assoc.
    Memorials may be sent to the family. Memorial Services, 10:30 A.M., Monday, March 26th at First Congregational Church, U.C.C. at Fremont. The Rev. Terri Akkerman will officiate. Visitation Thurs, March 22nd from 2-8 PM at Moser Memorial Chapel, Fremont. Burial Memorial Cemetery, Fremont. MOSER MEMORIAL CHAPEL
    Fremont, NE 402-721-4490

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    That is sad and it gets personal when you know them
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Thoughts and prayers enroute.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Linda is offline Rookie

Unhappy Nebraska Officer Dies After Short Illness

I am responding to the message which was posted by Emily about the death of Officer James J. Louden.
    Please bare with me as I have never used one of these sites before, but was not able to contact this person to make corrections.
    I am James J. Louden's mother, and I would like the correct facts posted. My son was not on duty at the time he became ill, he did not admit himself to the hospital, and he did not die of a heart attack.
    Jim was at home when he suddenly became violently ill and his son drove him to the hospital.
    His cause of death has been ruled undetermined at this time, and the family is still looking into it.
    Our name and town are listed in the posting by Emily and we are in the telephone book, so please if you have questions or information feel free to contact us.
    Thank You,
    Jim's Mom

Emily is offline Corporal
    I was just passing along the information I was given from my brother's co-worker. I figured the members on this board would like to know that a brother had passed, whether on duty or not. Mods can delete it if they wish.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I don't believe Linda was posting a reply requesting a deletion of the thread, it appears that she wishes to provide more accurate information. Such is appreciated.

Please accept our sympathies for your loss, and our sincere wishes that the matter is resolved to provide for necessary closure for the family.

Whether an on-duty death or not, the loss of one of our brothers is always saddening. Please allow me to express our deepest thanks for his service, and our warmest wishes for his surviving friends and family members.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post

I am responding to the message which was posted by Emily about the death of Officer James J. Louden.
    Please bare with me as I have never used one of these sites before, but was not able to contact this person to make corrections.
    I am James J. Louden's mother, and I would like the correct facts posted. My son was not on duty at the time he became ill, he did not admit himself to the hospital, and he did not die of a heart attack.
    Jim was at home when he suddenly became violently ill and his son drove him to the hospital.
    His cause of death has been ruled undetermined at this time, and the family is still looking into it.
    Our name and town are listed in the posting by Emily and we are in the telephone book, so please if you have questions or information feel free to contact us.
    Thank You,
    Jim's Mom
    Sorry for your loss..Prayer are with you and your family
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    This very sad to hear about the passing of a brother.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the Louden family and also the friends and co-workers.

Linda thank you for providing us with the information and also sharing your son with the people who came into contact with him.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    My thoughts and prayers to Officer Louden's family, friends and colleagues. R.I.P.
    Never approach a bull by the front, a horse from behind, or an idiot from any direction.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    RIP
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Condolences. May he rest in peace.

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

Big Plus 1......Prayers.....
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Nick Louden is offline Rookie
    Well first we need to ask oursleves what "short illness" would result in a fatal heart attack? You don't need an MD to figure out that in the WHOLE HISTORY OF MANKIND there has never been an illness, virus, or bug that would have a fatal result in less than 24 hours. Not even the historic "Black Plague" killed a person in 24 hours. My father died in the ICU in less than 19 hours with teams of doctors trying to figure out the cause for what some people want to believe was an illness. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't but it DEEPLY saddens me that a man of 24 years in law enforcement just up an dies one day with no warning signs and in about as perfect health that one can be in at his age of 44 and people accept that. This is truely ridiculous and to me really defines what our "brother in arms" really means. I appreciate the condolences but there should be alot more questions being asked of everyone if you truely care and have compassion for those that serve for peace, justice, honor, courage, and freedom.........but what do I know right.
    Last edited by Nick Louden; 01-18-08 at 10:11 PM. Reason: misspelling

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nick, myself and the Site Staff wish to express our sincerest condolences for the loss you have experienced.

We would like to point out that the LEO's and members who have responded in this thread did so knowing only what information was available to them at the time they posted.

As LEO's, we have learned that investigations and inquiries are not launched from an internet thread.

Please let any of us know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you and your family, as we ALL care about peace, justice, honor, courage, and freedom.

Feel free to PM myself or any other Site Staff at any time.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    Rip

racing04 is offline Master Officer
    My thoughts and prayers are with you..Im from Nebraska I just read about this!! God Bless
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take,its measured by the moments that take our breath away

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Rest in Peace

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Don't I know it. (see below)

Prayers enroute.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Louden View Post
    Well first we need to ask oursleves what "short illness" would result in a fatal heart attack? You don't need an MD to figure out that in the WHOLE HISTORY OF MANKIND there has never been an illness, virus, or bug that would have a fatal result in less than 24 hours. Not even the historic "Black Plague" killed a person in 24 hours. My father died in the ICU in less than 19 hours with teams of doctors trying to figure out the cause for what some people want to believe was an illness. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't but it DEEPLY saddens me that a man of 24 years in law enforcement just up an dies one day with no warning signs and in about as perfect health that one can be in at his age of 44 and people accept that. This is truely ridiculous and to me really defines what our "brother in arms" really means. I appreciate the condolences but there should be alot more questions being asked of everyone if you truely care and have compassion for those that serve for peace, justice, honor, courage, and freedom.........but what do I know right.

Nick, our sincerest condolences to you and the rest of your family.

I'd like to echo everything maclean said, as we were given the info likely posted off of an obit.

We hope that someday the answers to your questions are brought to light and he can be at peace.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Officer James Jay Louden was married to a distant cousin of mine. For some reason I have not seen this tribute to him - for that I apologize. When he passed, I sent condolences to his wife and family. Nick, I hope that you will always honor the memory of your father and what his life represented. May he serve St Michael with the dignity and honor he served his community.

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thread Information