Welcome to the APBWeb.
    dla4079 is offline Corporal
    Verified C/O

Exclamation Man Kills Cop, Runs Over Him With Car

Man Kills Cop, Runs Over Him With Car
    Bode Miller's Cousin Then Shot Dead by Witness
    By BEVERLEY WANG
    AP
    FRANCONIA, N.H. (AP) - A cousin of skiing star Bode Miller fatally shot and ran over a police officer, then was killed by a passer-by who grabbed the officer's gun. (this man deserves a medal)

Attorney General Kelly Ayotte said Liko Kenney shot Cpl. Bruce McKay four times, then ran over him with his car after a traffic stop Friday night.

Gregory Floyd, who was driving by with his son, grabbed McKay's gun, then shot the 24-year-old Kenney when he refused to put his gun down, Ayotte said.

"This once again reminds of us of the difficult and dangerous work that is done everyday by the law enforcement of this state to protect each of us," Ayotte said at a news conference in Concord.

Authorities said McKay pulled Kenney over for speeding on Route 116. Kenney then took off, and McKay pursued him for about 1 1/2 miles before pulling his cruiser in front of Kenney's car and pushing it off the road.

The officer used pepper-spray on Kenney and his passenger then turned around, Ayotte said. That's when he was shot.

"Cpl. McKay's cruiser video confirmed for police investigating this case that in fact Mr. Kenney had discharged several shots at Cpl. McKay before running him over," Ayotte said.

Soon after, Floyd arrived and confronted Kenney while his son, also named Gregory Floyd, called for help using the officer's radio. Authorities have determined that his actions in shooting Kenney were justified.

An autopsy showed McKay died of four gunshot wounds. Autopsy results on Kenney were incomplete Saturday.

The 48-year-old McKay was a 12-year veteran of the Franconia Police Department and previously had worked in Haverhill. Survivors include a daughter, Ayotte said.

"It really tears at the fabric of the community and the fabric of the state," said Gov. John Lynch, who visited the town of about 900 residents Saturday. People paid their respects at the local police station, bringing flowers.

Ayotte said McKay had "prior dealings" with Kenney, who was convicted of assaulting the officer and resisting arrest in 2003. Kenney's uncle said the animosity between them was so great that if Kenney got pulled over by McKay, "he had the right to request a different officer."

"That's what I heard, that Liko requested a backup officer and that was when he was pepper-sprayed," said Bode Miller's father, Woody Miller.

The passenger in Kenney's car told police Kenney said something like, "Get another officer" just before speeding off after the initial stop, Ayotte said.

"But he refused to produce a license and registration to Cpl. McKay, which is standard operating procedure, and then just took off. So this is a situation where he obviously disobeyed a police officer," she said.

Woody Miller said his nephew claimed the officer once beat him during an arrest.

"They had a long relationship," said Miller, who operates an international tennis camp in nearby Easton. "There's been physical altercations between them before in the course of being arrested."

Bill Kenney, another uncle, agreed. "They had it in for each other."

Woody Miller said he last saw his nephew Friday morning, when Liko Kenney was on his way to work. He was running late, but he was in good spirits.

Miller said Kenney, who lived next door to him, didn't have a steady job, but often took work cutting firewood and picking fiddlehead ferns, a wild green that grows in the region and is considered a delicacy.

Bode Miller, who had bailed his cousin out of jail once, was on his way home to Franconia, his father said. In 2005, Bode Miller was fined $250 for going 83 mph in a 40 mph zone in his hometown of Franconia. According to an article published on Sports Illustrated's Web site, SI.com, Miller said he chose to contest the ticket "to try to get my fine reduced and to antagonize McKay."

Lynch ordered all state flags be flown at half-staff in memory of the officer. Franconia's Board of Selectmen released a statement saying that the town "mourns the tragedy that befell our community on the evening of May 11. ... We ask that you all embrace in your thoughts and feelings the families affected by this tragic incident."

It's the second time in less than a year that a New Hampshire police officer has been killed on the job. In October, when Manchester Officer Michael Briggs was shot in the head while investigating reports of gunshots in an alley. Michael Addison is charged with capital murder in the shooting.

Associated Press reporters Holly Ramer and Kathy McCormack contributed to this report.

Capt. D. Larimore
    NTISF Gang Unit

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Wow, I never knew that whole family, including Bode, was a bunch of shitbags.

RIP to the officer.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    RIP to the Officer

Nice work by that father and his son.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

“A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
    -Winston Churchill

slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by dla4079 View Post
    then was killed by a passer-by who grabbed the officer's gun. (this man deserves a medal)
    Couldn't agree more
    "That's how we roll"

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Wow, I never knew that whole family, including Bode, was a bunch of shitbags.

RIP to the officer.
    NO kidding. Makes it seem poetic that Bode totally choked at the Olympics and completely embarassed himself in front of the world.

As for the cousin,,, ROT IN HELL! I HOPE YOU LIKE SMOKING A FAT TURD IN HELL FOREVER YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

RIP brother Officer.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    RIP

Thoughts and prayers to the department and the officer's family.

Bravo to the civilians.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    How awful to be shot four times and then run over. My heart goes out to the family and to the officer's fellow brothers and sisters.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

RIMAMARIA is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Humble humble
    I live in NH, AND I Try to support the families of
    Officer Michael Briggs and now of Corporal Bruce MCKAY, I am only a Civilian, but I think that the Police is very important.

In my Sig, I have the Officers listed, plus I support C.O.P.S where I met Mrs Noyes, who was such big help in helping fund raise for Officer Briggs, I was at the calling hours ( almost) on the 12 th floor of my Job, next to the funeral home. Touches your heart.

Prayer helps, but I believe if I can send a financial support to the family fund monthly ( ever months 6 times ) I can make a difference.

I pray

Rima
    Anger is like a glowing coal
    hold on to it
    you will get burnt.

unknown author
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illiy is offline Corporal
    **shocked** I just watched the video on the morning news and oh my god... it was horrible...

Has anyone else watched it? Why did the officer walk away after spraying the car???

Just horrible!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Rest in peace brother.
    Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Anybody have a link to the video? Illiy?
    Calm Like A Bomb...

“A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
    -Winston Churchill

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Rest in Peace my brother.

May the shooter rot in Hell.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    Anybody have a link to the video? Illiy?
    Nevermind, found it.

http://www.wmur.com/video/13567324/index.html?taf=man
    Calm Like A Bomb...

-Winston Churchill

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    **shocked** I just watched the video on the morning news and oh my god... it was horrible...

Has anyone else watched it? Why did the officer walk away after spraying the car???

Just horrible!

+1

althought I really hate arm-chair QB's, especially of fellow cops... that's proving the point of not matter how much you think you know someone... you never know what's on their mind... learned that valuable lesson from one of our Capt's who got shot in the face on a DV call at his last dept... he had been to the house on numerous occasions prior to that one (capt lived by the way)

Prayers to the family, and to the rest of us... may we strive to never be complacent on any call/stop

RIP brother
    Last edited by Twan007; 06-26-07 at 02:55 PM. Reason: found the angel smiley :)
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Twan007 View Post
    +1

althought I really hate arm-chair QB's, especially of fellow cops... that's proving the point of not matter how much you think you know someone... you never know what's on their mind... learned that valuable lesson from one of our Capt's who got shot in the face on a DV call at his last dept... he had been to the house on numerous occasions prior to that one (capt lived by the way)

Prayers to the family, and to the rest of us... may we strive to never be complacent on any call/stop

RIP brother
    I agree on the monday morning qb thing... I think it is safe to say that it will be turned into a valuable training tool... After watching it I just didn't understand what happened since it happened so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by dla4079 View Post
    then was killed by a passer-by who grabbed the officer's gun. (this man deserves a medal)
    After watching the video again, it is amazing that they were there... it seemed to be a very rural area.... This one is truly preplexing to me... its senseless...

Thread Information