Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Two Floyd County Deputies Shot

Two Floyd County deputies shot; gunman sought
    The Courier-Journal

Two Floyd County, Ind., sheriff’s deputies were shot tonight in a rural area of Georgetown, Ind., and police surrounded a house in the search for the suspected gunman, a 15-year-old boy.

Both wounded deputies, shot with what police described as a high-powered rifle, were taken to University Hospital in Louisville, one by helicopter and the other by ambulance, police said.

They were in surgery, and their conditions were not immediately known.

The wounded deputies are Joel White and Frank Denzinger, said Lt. Frank Loop of the Floyd County Sheriff’s Department.

Police surrounded a house at 6004 Rachel Court after the shootings but were not sure the suspect was inside, Loop said.

But Sgt. Jerry Goodin of the Indiana State Police said, “We believe we have him cornered.” Goodin would not say where that was or whether it was at the house.

Goodin identified the boy as Tyler Dumstorf.

The South Park subdivision where the shootings occurred is in western Floyd County, near Corydon Ridge Road and Park Road. All traffic was stopped on Corydon Ridge Road.

Indiana State Police, Floyd County police, and New Albany and Jeffersonville police sent officers to the scene to bring the wounded officers to safety. Louisville Metro police sent an armored SWAT vehicle to assist.

Officers searched nearby wooded areas for a clubhouse that police suspected may have been used by the gunman, but Loop said the search did not turn up such a structure.

The deputies were sent to the home after a 6:17 p.m. call reported that a 15-year-old boy was fighting with his mother, Loop said.

At 6:28 p.m., he said, one deputy radioed that they had been shot.

White has been a deputy for seven months, and Denzinger for four years, Loop said.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

LAW DOG is offline Law Enforcement, isn't a job it's a brotherhood!!
    Verified LEO
    FRY THE LITTLE BASTARD!!!! THESE KIDS ARE OUT OF HAND THE COURTS AND PUBLIC NEED TO SEE THAT. MAKE THEM STAND FOR THEIR CRIMES, QUIT COMING UP WITH EXCUSES FOR THESE LITTLE MONSTERS. JSUT MY 2CENTS, PISSES ME OFF LEO GETTING SHOOT AND KILLED AND THE CRIMES GET AN EXCUSES ABOUT MY THEY DID IT. @#CK THEM, THEY'LL BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! AT LEAST GOD WILL STILL JUDGE THEM. SOORY FOR THE RANT BROS.
    S.W.A.T Maximum Violents

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Prayers sent for injured deputies.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Best wishes for a quick recovery for the deputies.

Aegis is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    News is reporting that one deputy has died from his injuries and the 15 year old shooter was found dead inside his home.

LAW DOG is offline Law Enforcement, isn't a job it's a brotherhood!!
    Verified LEO
    PRAYS FOR THE FAMILY OF THE FALLEN OFFICER GOING OUT SOME JUSTICE WAS SERVED. LITTLE BASTARD BURN IN HELL.
    S.W.A.T Maximum Violents

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Police: Teen Cop-Killer Is Dead

POSTED: 7:12 pm EDT June 18, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:22 am EDT June 19, 2007

GEORGETOWN, Ind. -- Police and the coroner have confirmed they found the body of Tyler Dumstorf, 15, inside the home where they said he shot two deputies Monday evening. Police said they found his body early Tuesday morning.

Two Floyd County Sheriff's deputies, Frank Denzinger and Joel White, were shot outside a home while responding to a call shortly before 7 p.m. Monday, police said. Denzinger later died at the hospital. Officials said the shooting took place at 6004 Rachel Court in Georgetown.

At 9:15 p.m., Floyd County Sheriff's Department spokesman Lt. Frank Loop said both officers were in surgery. Police said the boy's mother was home but was not hurt in the incident and was interviewed during their investigation.

One of the injured deputies called dispatchers over a police radio and said he and another officer had been shot with a high-powered rifle by someone inside the home. The deputy told police the shooter was still in the home at the time he was calling. According to NewsChannel 32's news partners at the New Albany News And Tribune the deputy told dispatchers that his leg was "completely destroyed" and that the other deputy was unconscious.
    Loop said Denzinger was a 4-year veteran of the department and White has served 17 months.

Louisville Metro Police Department spokeswoman Alicia Smiley told NewsChannel 32 that an LMPD air unit and SWAT team were dispatched to the scene. Loop said every nearby agency was scouring the area, including state police and federal agents from the U.S. Secret Service. Helicopters, ambulances, a long line of police cars from about a dozen agencies and at least one armored vehicle gathered at the scene, where police were arming themselves and donning bullet-proof vests.

As of Tuesday morning, details were still sketchy on what caused the shooting. One neighbor said the boy's mother had recently caught him with marijuana and that the teen tried to kill himself because of it.

Police said two people were arrested in connection with the shootings and that more information would be released after meeting with prosecutors on Tuesday.
    NewsChannel 32 and WLKY.com will have more details as they are available.

http://www.wlky.com/news/13524915/detail.html

There are links on the story page, including a condolance page.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Officer deaths are up 32% from last year. What is wrong with this country lately!? Please be careful bro's and sis's. It is literally a war zone out there. If only the public realized what we have to deal with. When I walk out the door everyday, I always look at my daughter because it could be the last time I see her. Not many people in the work force have that same issue.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

kjlaw is online now Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    Thoughts and prayers enroute to all affected by the actions of these little bastards.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    I don't like to read news like this, but I do. It is a solemn reminder of the risks that we can and do face.
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Death Detective is offline I work for the victim

God Speed and Prayers

I will pray for both officers and their families. This incident really hits home because I started my law enforcement career with the Floyd County Sheriffs Dept in the late 1960s.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ahhh....damn!!!!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    RIP to the one deputy, and best wishes to the other.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information