Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Fontana CA Police officer killed..

Policeman mourned
    Vibrant, young officer was killed in motorcycle crash
    By Jannise Johnson, Staff Writer
    Article Launched: 08/08/2007 11:08:45 PM PDT

Jose Manuel Molina Jr.

FONTANA - The death of the young, vibrant and active often leaves the same imprint on those who loved them: Shock and disbelief.
    That's the case for those who knew Jose Manuel Molina Jr., 28, of Fontana, a police patrol officer who died in a crash Monday morning.
    Fellow Fontana police Officer Joshua MacMillan, 24, considered Molina one of his best friends. He said they'd known each other for 14 years.
    "It's hard to handle; I still can't believe it," MacMillan said. "I'm trying to be strong for his family. I was there when both of his daughters were born. I've been a part of him and he's been a part of me for years."
    Molina was riding east on Foothill Boulevard when he struck a tractor-trailer near Almond Avenue early Monday morning. The truck had just pulled out of the WinCo Foods supermarket to make a left turn.
    The impact threw Molina off his motorcycle, and he suffered "catastrophic injuries," according to the California Highway Patrol.
    Fontana police said Molina was off work; he was due back Monday night. Sgt. Jeff Decker said he believed Molina was riding home at the time of the 2:27 a.m. crash. When asked what she will miss most about her husband, Jackie Molina said there were almost too many things to list.

After a thoughtful pause at her parents' home in Fontana on Wednesday, she said, "His love and protection."
    She and her parents, Cheri and Tom Graves, recalled Molina's endless curiosity.
    "Everything was new to him," Tom Graves said. "He was like a bright-eyed kid whenever he experienced something new."
    And Molina had much to experience. As a child whose parents did not have much money, lavish birthday celebrations and family vacations were new for him. But his enthusiasm didn't stop there, his wife said.
    He played racquetball before work in the afternoon and enjoyed staying physically fit, she said. Molina was also involved in sports and had been a member of the Westminster High School Academic Decathlon team in 1994.
    Having a workout buddy to push him to new physical heights is just one of many things MacMillan said he will miss about Molina.
    "We pushed each other," MacMillan said. "He was there for me I was there for him. That's what's going to be the hardest. To get back to work and not have him be there with me. It's unbearable."
    Jackie and Jose Molina met in 1998 when she was working at a gas station in Fontana, she said. Jose Molina would constantly come in to the station's market to buy bottled water.
    When they began to date, she said the back seat of his Honda CRX was filled with empty water bottles. She recalled playing video games with him on some of their date nights, and how she eventually encouraged him to play soccer with her and his cousins.
    In addition to his enthusiasm for video games, sports and physical fitness, he was also a man of considerable sensitivity, those who knew him recalled. He was especially emotional after the birth of his first daughter.
    "He cried when our first was born," his wife said. "He hid behind me so I couldn't see him."
    Their older daughter, now 6, wonders who will protect her now that her daddy is gone, Cheri Graves said.
    The little girl insisted upon going to school Tuesday. She took the newspaper with her father's picture on it and held it close to her on the drive to the campus, Cheri Graves said.
    Molina is also survived by his younger daughter, who is 3. Funeral services are scheduled for Friday at 10 a.m. at St. Joseph's Catholic Church at 17080 Arrow Blvd. in Fontana.
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Rest in peace, brother.
    Thoughts and prayers sent to family.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    RIP

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Rest easy, brother. We've got the watch.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

kjlaw is online now Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    RIP Brother.

Thoughts and prayers enroute to the family and friends of the fallen.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Oh man, that is a damn shame. RIP brother. I hope his family can find some peace in this terrible time.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Rest easy, brother. We've got the watch.
    +10000000000
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Ianl6 is offline Dreamboy First Class

Unhappy

Rest In Peace....You were much to young to die thoughts are with your family
    Public conscience message board
    post on a board with a heart.

http://dreamboyuk52.proboards60.com/index.cgi

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Its been a hard year for Leo's in California...

Rest in Peace Brother..
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    RIP
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    RIP Brother
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Thread Information