Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jackalope is offline Yell O

Unhappy Retired Philly officers murdered

Many Mourn 2 Slain During Armored-Truck Robbery

POSTED: 12:04 am EDT October 5, 2007
    UPDATED: 12:18 am EDT October 5, 2007

BRISTOL TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Bringing a cake to a family in mourning is a neighborly gesture, but it can't stop the tears of a woman whose father was gunned down.

They were a couple of retired cops who had worked in the 7th District. They both went to work for Loomis. The both lived in Bristol Township, less than a mile from each other. Sadly, they both were murdered Thursday.

William Widmaier, 65, was actually at the ATM when the gunman appeared behind him.

While Widmaier, who retired in 1989, was the moneyman, his partner, Joseph Allulo, 54, would have been guarding him. He, too, was taken by surprise by the assassin who made no demands. He just opened fire.

"That's what really shocking that somebody got the drop on them. We were always confident with his skills as a police officer that it would carry him through. He would be in good hands in his hands," Mike Tufo, family friend of Allulo, said.

Now, two families are grieving and so are many others, including Philadelphia police officers.

"They may be retired, but we are all still brothers. Cops are cops." Frank Barclay said.

Barclay is also a retired cop. He worked with both of Thursday's victims. You think cops retire to something safer.

"They retired to a good job, where they’re carrying a gun and delivering a lot of money,” Barclay said.

Somebody wanted that money enough to kill two men.

"To take a grandfather away from a small child? We’re devastated. We really are, " said, Widmaier’s daughter, Wednesday. "I really hope they catch these people.

After carefully examining the surveillance video, police have determined that is was a lone gunman.

Anyone with information is asked to call police.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    It's a shame to lose two who should be enjoying their retirement. My heart and prayers go out to the two officers families

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Saw the story on the news and had no idea either was a retired officer. My sympathies go out to their families and friends. God give them peace and comfort them in their hours of grief. St. Michael has two more guardians. RIP!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What a shame. Rest easy
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Rest in peace brothers.

rest in peace buddies

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Rest Easy now.....
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thread Information