Welcome to the APBWeb.
    DEPUTY30 is offline "Justice the Guardian of Liberty."
    Verified LEO

Fallen Hero Wymore Nebraska

The following is a Story from our local News. I did not know him but he is still a brother who walked the line.

OMAHA, Neb. -- One firefighter is dead after a fire early Monday morning in Wymore, Neb., located 14 miles south of Beatrice.

Officials told KETV Newswatch 7 Jeremy Wach, 31, of Wymore was pronounced dead at the scene. Wach was a member of the Wymore Volunteer Fire Department and was a Gage County Sheriff's deputy who ran the jail.

The Gage County attorney said a fire broke out inside a home at approximately 1 a.m. A woman and her two children escaped without injuries.

Authorities said three firefighters went into the house to fight the fire when the roof collapsed, trapping them inside.

Authorities confirmed to KETV NewsWatch 7 that two firefighters got out of the building, one did not.

The two firefighters have minor injuries.

A number of agencies responded to the house fire. Wymore, Blue Springs, Odell and Beatrice departments helped battle the blaze, and four or five dozen firefighters were on the scene.

Gage County Attorney Randy Ritnour said, “Just within a moment of them going in the roof collapsed. One of the firefighters was trapped inside, two got out.”

Wach never made it out and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ritnour said, “They were going into extinguish the fire as far as we know. We haven't determined what happened. It's under investigation.”

At the Gage County Sheriff’s Office Monday morning, the flag flew at half-staff. Wach had been a deputy there for about three years.

Gage County Sheriff Gus Gustafson said, “I'm in shock.”

Gustafson said Wach had recently been promoted to head the Gage County Jail. He had previous experience working for the Nebraska Department of Corrections.

Gustafson said, “(Wach) an employee who always gave 110 percent.”

Gustafson said Wach was always there for people, whether that meant getting dressed up to get dunked at the annual night out picnic, baking for fellow employees, or just providing some simple encouragement.

Gustafson said, “(Wach) was always wanting to give bear hugs if he seen you had a bad day. What's going on in your life, if you just needed a hug and cheering up, he was there for you.”

And when it came to serving his community, Gustafson said Wach's wife told him her husband never missed a fire call.

Gustafson said, ”And that sums it up, that's exactly what Jeremy would do every call that he could possibly do, he'd be there.”

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    RIP and many prayers to the family and friends. May you have the strength to see through the pain to cherish the memories ~ God Bless.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    RIP! Thank you for your heroic efforts and sacrifice.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

kjlaw is online now Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    RIP
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    RIP
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Verified LEO
    I would like to thank everyone, just an update but I was told that when the roof collapsed on him he was stuck and ran out of air and that is what killed him. one of my buddies told me that the funeral is friday and he is going. I felt bad because he had to remind me how I knew this deputy. So I guess I did know him a little bit. Anyway just thought I would let everyone know the updated information.
    *********You can't fix stupid*****************

GaryArk is offline Rookie
    Condolences for a community hero.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    RIP Firemen and cop's are all our brothers.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Verified LEO
    Well today was the funeral if anyone wants to see parts of the funeral you can go to www.ketv.com RIP Brother
    *********You can't fix stupid*****************

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    RIP
    That as Christ laid down His life for us, even so we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren;" loving one another in truth, as He hath loved us, who laid down His life for us.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

thoughts and prayers
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

Thread Information