Welcome to the APBWeb.
    smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO

Police ID suspect in Shreveport Officer shooting

Shreveport Police are looking for 25-year-old Lucien Trammel, the person police say shot a police officer in the face Tuesday afternoon.
    However Shreveport Police Chief Henry Whitehorn said first-year officer John Madjerick whould make a full recovery from his injuries.
    Everything began about noon on Tuesday. Whitehorn said Madjerick was on Suntan Street as part of a burglary prevention detail. The officer had stopped at a home in the 7100 block to talk with someone about recent burglaries in the neighborhood. At some point Whitehorn said the two men struggled, and Madjerick was shot once in the cheek, with the bullet exiting through his neck. The officer managed to call for help and was found moments later by another officer.
    Madjerick was taken to LSU Medical Center. Whitehorn said the bullet didn't hit any vital organs and Madjerick should make a full recovery.
    Moments after the shooting dozens of Shreveport officers, Caddo deputies and city marshalls poured into the area. A few blocks away from the shooting on Wyngate Drive, a Caddo deputy detained two people, one of them a 16-year-old. A rifle was also confiscated.
    Later in the day, Whitehorn said the two people detained did not have anything to do with the officer's shooting.
    We'll have more details about today's shooting available throughout the evening right here on ksla.com.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    There was an Angel on his shoulder for sure.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by narcodog View Post
    There was an Angel on his shoulder for sure.
    No kidding, now lets hope he had a decent plastic surgeon on hand so there will be as few reminders as possible.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Shreveport officers, Caddo deputies and city marshalls

Lets hope for a full reovery and the dirt bags get caught and maybe a justifiable ending.

BTW, Question, what are city marshalls and what do they do?

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Update: The suspect is still at large but two people in the area shortly after were stopped for questioning and found with concealed weapons.

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) - A Shreveport police officer who was shot while answering a call about a possible prowler is in serious but stable condition. Officer John Madjerick, who had been on the police force for about a year, was shot in the jaw and the bullet exited through the back of his neck.
    Police Chief Henry Whitehorn says the bullet hit no vital organs and Madjerick is expected to make a full recovery. Whitehorn says a suspect, who remains at large, has been identified and is wanted on charges of attempted first-degree murder.
    Two people, including a juvenile, were questioned shortly after the shooting but police determined neither was involved in the shooting. Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator said a sheriff's deputy in the vicinity stopped those two people for questioning after he saw them running. Authorities say both had concealed guns.
    The Shreveport shooting happened a day after a police officer was killed in the line of duty across the state in New Orleans. The New Orleans officer was shot with her own gun as she tried to handcuff a man wanted for questioning in a rape. The man in the New Orleans shooting surrendered to police at the scene.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Thread Information