Welcome to the APBWeb.
    E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO

Pittsburgh Det. shot last night

http://postgazette.com/pg/08082/867282-100.stm

Man in shootout with police dies
    Saturday, March 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    A man wounded in a shootout last night with two Pittsburgh police homicide detectives has died.
    The victim, identified only as a 30-year-old white man from the Brownsville Road area, died of his wounds at 1:36 this morning at Mercy Hospital. The county medical examiner's office was conducting an autopsy.
    One of the homicide detectives, George Satler, also was shot. His wound, in the back, was not believed to be life-threatening. His condition has been upgraded to stable; shortly after the shooting, he was listed in serious condition.
    Police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said the suspect threw something at the detectives' unmarked car after it stopped at a stop sign at 26th and Smallman streets in the Strip District at 10:17 last night.
    The detectives got out of their car to investigate, and the man pulled out a .22-caliber handgun and started shooting, Cmdr. Stangrecki said.
    Both officers ducked for cover and returned fire. Police did not release the name of the other police officer.
    Under police policy in a shooting, both detectives will be placed on administrative leave pending an investigation by the county district attorney's office.
    The shooting occurred outside the Spaghetti Warehouse restaurant at 26th and Smallman.
    One restaurant patron said he heard 15 shots fired. Bullet holes were visible in the rear of the unmarked police car
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Looks like some good training kicked in during what could have been a very bad situation.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Looks like he picked the wrong car to throw something at.
    Sucks to be him.
    Wish the Officer a speedy recovery!

Eman, keep us updated on this if you will.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Why is the paper IDing the bad guy as the victim?

Prayers for the Officers speedy recovery.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Hope the officer recovers quickly.

kjlaw is online now Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    Thoughts and prayers en route for a speedy recovery
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Thoughts and prayers en route.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    Why is the paper IDing the bad guy as the victim?

Prayers for the Officers speedy recovery.
    the Post Gazette or more commonly known as the P.G the Peoples Gazette is a notrious left wing liberal rag.

Nothing new.

thanks for all the well wishes.
    I called my old station this morning and was told he is going to be ok, and might have actually been out of the hospital sooner than expected
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Score one for the Good Guys! I pray the officer will be allright, and I won't loose a moments sleep over the demise of the oxygen thief that shot him.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Score one for the Good Guys! I pray the officer will be allright, and I won't loose a moments sleep over the demise of the oxygen thief that shot him.
    how can you argue with that. I concur.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

dkpd1384 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Can't argue about the outcome, only change one thing about the situation if you could,,,, the officer getting hit. Most of the times the perps (not victims) become excellent shots. Training might have paid off this time. GREAT JOB!!!

Verified LEO
    Latest update seems to show the ex- human piece of excrement was drinking all night long in the Strip. The Strip district of Pittsburgh is an old warehouse area filled with bars and clubs and more bars etc. Very similar to Clevelands FLats district. its all old shipping terminals which are actually still in use.
    The Spaghetti Warehouse is about 7 blocks away from the main area but a block or so from the city gas pumps and a block from a crappy bar where there are tons of shootings. The Detectives were actualy getting gas and on the way to that crap bar in reference to a shooting earlier.
    The dead guy was throwing rocks and stuff at passing cars. When the Det.s stopped and the pass. {Det. who got shot} exited the bad guy immediately pulled his .22cal and started firing. George got shot ducking behind his car. In all about 15 shots fired and they hit him w/ 7. Thats not bad

RIP Eric

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Thread Information