Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Kate is offline Corporal

Unhappy Officers Down: Philadelphia, PA

Prayers sent out to the Patrick McDonald's immediate family, and also his family in Blue.

R.I.P.

Prayers also sent for Officer Bowes to make a speedy recover.

This has been happenening WAY too much as of late in Philly. There's been P/O Gary Skerski, who was shot by a POS with a shotgun at close range. I believe he was shot in the neck. Then there was P/O Cassidy, who walked in on a robbery in progress at Dunkin' Donuts. He was shot in the head. Next there was Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski who was shot by POS scumbags who robbed a mini bank that was setup in a grocery store. Less than 3 weeks ago, P/O Nazario was killed when the police cruiser she was riding in was intentonally broadsided by a stolen SUV in the city's Mantua section. Her partner, Officer Terry Tull, was severely injured.

My God, this has got to stop. You all have to have the authority to take the streets back. The criminals have more rights than you do and it's sickening.

To all that have passed, I will always keep them in my prayers.

Philadelphia, 1 Fatally; Suspect Killed at Scene

KYW Newsradio

Two Philadelphia police officers were shot early Tuesday afternoon in North Philadelphia during a shootout with a suspect. One of them died a short time later at Temple Hospital. A suspect was killed at the scene.

According to investigators, shots were fired about 1:45pm in the 2200 block of North Colorado Street, near 17th and Susquehanna, during a foot pursuit.

Officials say a suspect was killed at the scene (right) and the two officers -- both highway patrolmen -- were transported to Temple University Hospital.

One officer was listed in extremely critical condition with a gunshot wound of the chest; he died about 2:10pm. The other officer was shot in the hip; his condition was listed as stable and his wounds were not believed to be life-threatening.

The dead officer was identified as 30-year-old Patrick McDonald, an eight-year veteran of the force. The wounded officer was identified as 35-year-old Richard Bowes, a 12-year veteran of the force.

An angry Mayor Nutter made a short statement at the hospital after the officer's death was announced. He said that he and the police department would not rest as long as criminals believed they could engage in shootouts with Philadelphia police officers.

Stay tuned to KYW Newsradio 1060 for updates on this breaking news story.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Sorry to hear, My condolences to his family and friends, may PO McDonald Rest in Peace.

Well wishes for Full and Speedy Recovery to PO Bowes, my heart goes out to him, suffering from his injury and the loss of his partner.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    May Officer McDonald rest in peace. Hope Officer Bowes recovers quickly.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Condolences and prayers to all.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    ......and the name of the POS is.......Oh , who the hell cares, just as long as he was taken off the streets in a body bag, never to harm anyone again and run up court costs.

My condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of the injured and the fallen.

May the injured return to the company of his brethren to fight another day and to keep Philly safe.

Good job on the mayor. He seems to be very much Pro LE from what I listened to.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

catcher T is offline Rookie
    they all have my prayers and kept in my thoughts
    The weak serve no purpose. Doubt and fear are the great enemies of knowledge.
    James Allen
    with that said, don't sweat the petty things, just pet the sweaty things, k?

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Another one lost in Philly RIP
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

AngryBassets is offline Sgt. Phatas
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Good job on the mayor. He seems to be very much Pro LE from what I listened to.

He delivered typical political crap in his monotone. ERROR 404: No anger found.

He's a black mayor, doing what they do to keep themselves in office. I will say that he is not the total thug that the last turd mayor was.

There's been 5 Philadelphia cops MURDERED in the past year and a half (all by black males, incidently). WTF, over?
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    --George Orwell
    NOTE: NJ Supreme Court no longer allows effective policing in the "Garden State". The above statement may not apply.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Fading Light

Falling Night

Trumpet Call, As The Sun , Sinks In Fright

Sleep In Peace , Comrade Dear

GOD Is Near

Prayers for Ofc. Bowes' recovery.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    My thoughts and prayers to all involved
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Thoughts and prayers to the families/friends of the Officers. Prayers for the streets of Philly to regain some form of order soon.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    http://www.truveo.com/Slain-Officer-.../id/1926610096

http://www.truveo.com/Wounded-Office...l/id/704877141

It saddens me when any police officer is killed in the line of duty but when the asshole criminal stands over the officer and fires his weapon into him, well that is deplorable. My friend Howie in my signature below was killed under similar circumstances.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information