Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lcsodre108 is offline DUI Persecutor

ASP officer critically injured during pursuit

State Trooper In Serious Condition After Police Chase Friday March 24, 2006 10:50pm Reporter: Jessica Morkert Posted By: Whitney Bissell
    ___ KATV Interact ___

Signup for eNews Alerts
    Whats Your Opinion?
    Printable Version
    E-Mail This Story
    A police pursuit through Pulaski and Saline County landed an Arkansas State Trooper in the hospital and a 23-year-old suspect in police custody.

The trooper is still in serious condition Friday night after the suspect crashed into his cruiser. Two other police vehicles were also hit in the dangerous pursuit.

Police arrested the suspect, 23-year-old Brian Misenheimer of Hensley. He has been charged with nine felony counts including one count of first-degree battery and three counts of aggravated assault.

Corporal Scott Baxter is in serious condition although reports say he will survive.

The incident happened around 3:00 Friday afternoon at a Walgreen’s on 12th and Fairpark in Little Rock. Officers say they a received a report of vehicle theft and when officers arrived to question the suspect, he fled. Police report that Misenheimer hit a police vehicle and a pursuit ensued to the Little Rock Airport where he allegedly rammed a gate.

(Sgt. Terry Hastings, LRPD) "This pursuit went on for almost an hour involving officers from multiple agencies."

From downtown Little Rock East to Interstate 440, the pursuit continued on south to Saline County and ended off Woodson Lateral on Springlake Road.

Officers say Misenheimer stole a car and rammed Corporal Scott Baxter's vehicle. He was airlifted in serious condition.

(Hastings) "The suspect was going very fast. The trooper attempted to get out of his way onto a church lot but the suspected turned across the centerline and knocked him about 150 feet."

Police report that Misenheimer fled the scene but was apprehended a short time later. He is facing a multitude of charges.

(Hastings) "Obviously, he didn't have any respect for the officers cause this is the 2nd vehicle rammed."

Baxter is an eight-year veteran of the Arkansas State Police Department. He is
    43-years-old.
    www.alliedoddballs.com
    I can't do this test when I am sober!

Respect My AUTHORITAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'll be sure to say a prayer
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Cris1102 Guest
    Man!! What it world is wrong with people?? Glad to hear the officer will survive. Thoughts are with him and his family.
    Last edited by Cris1102; 03-26-06 at 08:10 PM.

lcsodre108 is offline DUI Persecutor
    State Trooper Injured In Police Chase In Better Condition
    Sunday March 26, 2006 7:06pm Posted By: Whitney Bissell
    Instant Message this Article
    ___ KATV Interact ___

• Signup for eNews Alerts
    • Whats Your Opinion?
    • Printable Version
    • E-Mail This Story
    Little Rock - There is better news for the state trooper reportedly injured by a fleeing suspect.

The driver of a stolen pickup near reportedly struck Corporal Scott Baxter Friday afternoon near East End. Baxter has now been upgraded to stable but serious condition. The 43-year-old trooper had joined a chase initiated by Little Rock Police when his patrol car was hit.

The suspect, 23-year-old, Brian Misenheimer of Hensley, remains in custody. Prosecutors will determine what charges Misenheimer faces.

» Find More Articles Related To This One
    www.alliedoddballs.com
    I can't do this test when I am sober!

Respect My AUTHORITAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information