Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

Deputy Adam Mehagan

Osage County sheriff's deputy dead in fatal Osage County crash
    BY STAFF REPORTS </SPAN>Published: December 3, 2009

PRUE An Osage County sheriff's deputy died early this morning in a single-vehicle crash in Osage County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.

Advertisement
    Adam Michael Mehagan, 26, of Skiatook died in the wreck about a mile south of County Road 1401, about 1.5 miles north of Prue, the patrol reports.

Mehagan was driving a patrol car north on the county road when he failed to negotiate a curve and drove off the road shortly after midnight this morning.
    He died at the scene of internal trunk and head injuries, the patrol said.
    OHP reported Mehagan was thrown from the car. He was not wearing a seat belt.

Read more: NewsOK
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    RIP
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    My Condolences, May he Rest in Peace

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

triggerpull is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Wear your seatbelt guys - this is so sad.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Rest in peace.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Damn.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerpull View Post
    Wear your seatbelt guys - this is so sad.
    Definitely. I can't believe that there are cops that don't wear it ALL THE TIME. I got into a pretty bad crash in September (pretty much t-boned a car doing 40ish and didn't hit the brakes). The only thing that saved my face from looking like Freddy Kreuger was the seat belt. For those who think you can't wear it AND jump out of the car quickly, I say you just haven't figured out a system. No shit, I actually TEACH seat belt removal in my FTO program. Statistically, car crashes kill and maim WAY more of us thank knives and guns. Please take care of yourselves!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Rest in Peace, brother. Why do we lose so many? My heart is so heavy, today.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Definitely. I can't believe that there are cops that don't wear it ALL THE TIME. I got into a pretty bad crash in September (pretty much t-boned a car doing 40ish and didn't hit the brakes). The only thing that saved my face from looking like Freddy Kreuger was the seat belt. For those who think you can't wear it AND jump out of the car quickly, I say you just haven't figured out a system. No shit, I actually TEACH seat belt removal in my FTO program. Statistically, car crashes kill and maim WAY more of us thank knives and guns. Please take care of yourselves!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy2202 View Post
    Rest in Peace, brother. Why do we lose so many? My heart is so heavy, today.
    Indeed, why is there so much loss when this is so preventable. I understand there may be circumstances where you guys may have to get out of the car quickly, but there has to be a better way. If you get into a collision, there is no way in hell that you are going to be able to protect yourself in time without the use of that seat-belt. Why take that chance? Even with air-bags being deployed, you can still be injured pretty badly, if not killed. I have been in collisions where the seat-belt saved me from going through the windshield. One vehicle had air-bags (a head-on), one didn't (stationary object). Be safe out there, guys!

My condolences to the families, friends, and colleagues of the fallen.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Fading Light

Falling Night

Trumpet Call, As The Sun, Sinks In Fright

Sleep In Peace , Comrade Dear

GOD Is Near

Rest in peace, Ofc. Mehagan. Condolences to family , friends and colleagues.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

ef9turbo is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Today he was laid to rest. It was an awesome turnout! Adam was a friend of mine. Since the article did not go into specifics, I will. He was running hot to assist another deputy who was responding to a burg. in progress call. He was radioed to 10-22 by County with no response. They could not reach him via radio or cell. They found him shortly after by backtracking his start location. He was on a VERY VERY curvy set of S curves, lost control, rolled his vehicle twice, was ejected and broke his neck. He was not wearing a seatbelt.

Guys, please wear your seatbelt.. I know a lot of Officers grew up not wearing it and have become accustomed to it, but it's not worth it! He may still be alive today if he had worn it. RIP brother. Godspeed!
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

- Albert Einstein -

Thread Information