Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Shootout in Vegas Federal Building

2 Guards Shot Inside Las Vegas Federal Building - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

2 Guards Shot Inside Las Vegas Federal Building

Monday, January 04, 2010

LAS VEGAS — DEVELOPING: A deputy U.S. marshal says at least two federal marshals were shot and a gunman was apprehended after gunfire broke out Monday in the lobby of a federal courthouse in Las Vegas, Fox5Vegas.com reported.
    Chief Deputy Marshal Roxanna Lea Irwin said she didn't have immediate information about the condition of the marshals. But she said authorities had a shooter in custody.
    Irwin said it appeared a shotgun was used during the confrontation.

I'm hearing the shooter is in custody with a DRT shot to the head.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Federal Agents shot Las Vegas, NV

CNN is reporting at least two federal agents have been shot by a gunman armed with a shotgun at the federal building in Las Vegas. conditions and agencies are unknown. Early reports have said they were US Marshals now there is some speculation they were FBI agents. one Suspect is in custody, possibly deceased.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Great minds think alike Radar. I merged our two threads. Whichever was posted first is on top, so don't think I trying to steal your thread.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Marshals Shot In Vegas Federal Building - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

Gunman Killed, 2 Injured In Vegas Courthouse Shooting

Building Evacuated After 8 A.M. Shooting

LAS VEGAS -- A gunman was killed and two people were hurt during a shootout with authorities at the Lloyd D. George Federal Building in downtown Las Vegas Monday morning.F.B.I. Special Agent Joseph Dickey said the shooting happened at around 8 a.m. He could not give the conditions of two people injured or confirm if they were U.S. Marshals or federal agents.Dickey said the building was being evacuated.The shooting broke out in the lobby of the building, located on Las Vegas Boulevard between Bridger and Bonneville avenues.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Washington dc us marshals office is reporting by news bulletin that the two federal employees shot in the lobby of the federal building were: one was a federal court system guard and one was a deputy us marshal. The suspect was shot and killed.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Fox News confirms one "Court Officer" is dead as well as one suspect in the Federal Courthouse shooting in Las Vegas.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    R.I.P.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Rest in peace.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Makes me feel that much safer having to leave my weapon locked up in federal court when I'm there in uniform

Rest in peace
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    4 days? Really? 4 days into the year. Horsesh!t.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think (they are here anyhow) that the Court Officer's are Deputy Marshals when they are on duty.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Here is some cell phone video of the shooting... The guy who took the video had arrived for jury duty too late, and was told to leave. He said on Fox News that he walked right past the shooter, who looked like a homeless guy in a trench coat.

Look at that guy who's just walking around aimlessly, not taking cover or anything. He doesn't look to me like he's involved.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJqVuTuTBA[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6WqzFj5io"]YouTube - Cell phone video captures Vegas shootout[/ame]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    RIP
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    My condolences.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Fading Light

Falling Night

Trumpet Call, As The Sun , Sinks In Fright

Sleep In Peace , Comrade Dear

GOD Is Near

His name was Special Deputy Marshal Stanley Cooper. He was 72 years of age and had over 42 years of combined law enforcement service. He was retired from the Las Vegas Metro Police Dept with 26 years of service. Rest in peace Special Deputy Marshal Cooper. My condolences to family , friends and colleagues.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Rest in Peace, My condolences

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Thread Information