Welcome to the APBWeb.
    HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Utah deputy shot & killed

Deputy Sheriff Josie Greathouse Fox, Millard County Sheriff's Office

Millard County deputy shot, killed; 2nd person of interest sought - Salt Lake Tribune

Deputy Josie Greathouse Fox was shot and killed during a traffic stop this morning. Police are currently searching for two suspects, possibly illegal immigrants, believed to be armed with an AK47. Additional information and suspect photos at links.

http://www.millardsheriff.org/
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

cwtlady is online now Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    May you find peaceful rest, Deputy Fox.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Rest in Peace Sister......
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Rest in peace.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Rest in Peace
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Stay on it guys and find those damned illegals before they hit the border. Then fry them to a crisp. Never let up.

My condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of the young lady who was killed for doing her job. Damn.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    RIP
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

jjackson is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Rest in peace...you will not be forgotten!

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Fading Light

Falling Night

Trumpet Call , As The Sun, Sinks In Fright

Sleep In Peace , Comrade Dear

GOD Is Near

Rest in peace , Deputy Fox. Condolences to family, friends and colleagues.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Rest in Peace, Condolences to her family and friends

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    Wonderful news. Bye Bye Dirtbag!

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

Supporting Member Lvl 3

Suspects in Millard Co, Utah deputy slaying have been caught

http://officerresource.com/forums/f6...-killed-39704/

Great job guys. Our prayers have been answered.

Suspects in deputy slaying nabbed, asleep in Beaver County shed

Suspected shooter could face death penalty.

A 37-hour manhunt through several counties ended swiftly and peacefully Wednesday morning when a tip led Beaver County deputies to two men wanted in the death of a Millard County sheriff's deputy.

Roberto Miramontes Roman and Ruben Chavez Reyes were sleeping in a shed in northern Beaver about 8:15 a.m. when SWAT officers rushed in and arrested the pair.

"I believe in the element of surprise," said Beaver County Sheriff Cameron Noel. "We're happy they're in custody and no one was hurt."
    more at link

Suspects in deputy slaying nabbed, asleep in Beaver County shed - Salt Lake Tribune

What I am sickened with is this.

more at link

Suspect in deputy's slaying more Utahn than Mexican, family says - Salt Lake Tribune

Suspect in deputy's slaying more Utahn than Mexican, family says

Crime » Roberto Roman spent his life in Millard County, working on dairies and supporting his family, brothers say.

By Nate Carlisle

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 01/09/2010 06:58:28 AM MST

Delta » Roberto Miramontes Roman, who is accused of murdering a sheriff's deputy during a traffic stop, is not an immigrant who happened to be in this town, his family says.

Rather, they say, Roman is a local guy who happened to be born in Mexico.

"We were raised here," said his brother, Freddy Roman.

Freddy Roman, 30, said he feels sorry for the family of Millard County sheriff's Deputy Josie Greathouse Fox. But, during an interview at his family's home in Delta, Freddy Roman and his family remained steadfast in support of his older brother.

"I never saw him kill a jackrabbit," said Roberto Roman's mother, Julianna Roman. "I can't believe he would do something like this."

The Roman family is from Nuevo Casas Grandes, next door to the Mormon settlement of Colonia Juárez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. About 30 years ago, Julianna and her husband, Jacinto Roman, brought their five children to the United States.

The Romans already had family working on the industrial dairies in Millard County and decided to join them, Freddy Roman said. The youngest of the children was just a few years old when the family arrived in Millard County, Freddy said he does not know how his family entered the United States. But he said he and his parents are naturalized citizens.
    Hmmm, the article says Roberto is from Nuevo Casas Grandes. English translation is New Big House. I guess Roberto is back home in the New Big House.

It appears that Roberto never bothered to become a naturalized citizen of the US. That's why he was deported at least twice for drug convictions. Both Felonies from what I understand the article to read.

I am so sick and tired of the current generation of immigrants expecting a handout in this regard. Sure they work hard at jobs that they are able to get. That's not the problem. "No one spoke Spanish back then." Give me a freaking break. Many of us that are citizens of this country have ancestors that came here speaking many different languages, including Spanish. But our ancestors learned the English language on their own, because they had to, for survival. Now with the current politicians in power, they want to cater to the illegals and hold their hands.

Roberto Roman knew wright from wrong, yet he chose to get involved in drugs and guns. Then he got caught and was deported because he was not a naturalized citizen. It seems that he didn't learn. Now he does something stupid and kills a cop. He is done. Finished. I hope the state of Utah fries his ass.

I had to chuckle at some of the comments left on the article. Especially this one
    Doogie1MD: 1/8/2010 10:45:00 PM
    +10
    Family claims: Roman is a local guy who [just] happened to be born in Mexico.

Truth: Roman is another local ILLEGAL Mexican who was born in Mexico, and his charred remains should be shipped back to the country where he belongs.

Family claims: He is more a Utahn than a Mexican.

Truth: Living illegally in Utah longer than he lived in his own country, STILL makes him an Illegal Mexican criminal living in Utah ILLEGALLY. What part of [ILLEGAL] don't you people understand??

Family claims: Never saw him hurt a jackrabbit.

Truth: Oh give me a break! Watch the videos of him with the guns and read the psycho messages he wrote. Then tell me you would trust him as your Daddy Day-Care Nanny.

They should be lawyers with such a novel defense. A history of killing jackrabbits certainly proves his innocence. Typical MEXICAN mentality.

The system is truly broken. Why does the system allow Illegal Mexicans to live in this country? ESPECIALLY ones with a documented criminal history of FELONY convictions, and ones who have been deported PREVIOUSLY?

I remember a few months ago, the law enforcement community stating they refused to play the role of Immigration officers... With all respect, perhaps now, that one of their own has been gunned down by the very trash they refused to clean up, they might take a different view of the problem the United States faces, instead of turning their backs on the problem, lest they offend the Hispanic community.
    The Salt Lake Tribune - comments for Suspect in deputy's slaying 'had a big heart,' family says

Not a LEO

cwtlady is online now Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    "Suspected shooter could face death penalty." How soon?
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Thread Information