Welcome to the APBWeb.
    McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Shooter of Ofc. Sigler convicted!

Not sure how many of you know the story, so I'll give you a quick run down.

In June of 2009, Ofc Brandon Sigler (on for 1 yr) was working as a courtesy officer at an apartment complex. He responded to a fight in the parking lot in plain clothes. He seperates the parties, and as one of the involved girls and her boyfreind (Hollingsworth) were leaving, Hollingsworth almost struck another girl with his truck. Brandon yells at him to stop, which dipshit does. When Brandon walks up to the truck, dipshit shoots him point blank in the chest. Brandon was dead before help arrived.
    Dipshit and his girlfreind were located by patrol a short while later, and after a short chase, were captured. The trial ended yesterday and dipshit (who tried to say he didn't know that Brandon was a cop-even though Brandon identified himself just a minute before-and fired in self defense) was found guilty of Capital Murder and will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole. The state did not ask for the death penalty per Brandon's family. Brandon's mother was very gracious and showed remorse for dipshit's mother, who has now also "lost" a son.
    Sometimes, the system does work. Unfortunately, it took one of the best people you could have ever met getting killed for it to work.
    For the record: Richard "Joey" Hollingsworth (aforementioned dipshit) did not grow up in the projects, or a trailer park. Nor did he live with an abusive, alcoholic, drug addicted parent. Hollingsworth lived in a middle class family in a nice part of town. Hollingsworth was part of a group of middle class kids (about 50 in all) that had been breaking into cars and houses for 5 months. I was a detective at the time, and we were investigating around 300 auto burglaries that these kids were responsible for. Hollingsworth was one that we had arrested and shown leniency towards due to his cooperation in the cases. Myself, my sgt, and the other detective feel somewhat responsible for not having Hollingsworth locked up for the burglaries (like he would have stayed there, anyway). Though, we do know that there was no way to know that Hollingsworth would eventually kill one of our officers. Also, the gun used was taken in a residential burglary a few months earlier.

May Richard Hollingsworth get raped repeatedly by a very large, pissed off man who makes John Holmes look small, 3 times a day, everyday for the rest of his life.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Good news. Thanks for sharing.
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Rest in peace , Ofc. Sigler.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information