Welcome to the APBWeb.
    FishTail Guest

Special constable fatally stabbed

A special constable has been stabbed to death outside her home - days after she challenged three burglars there.

Nisha Patel-Nasri, 29, was off duty and in her night clothes when she was attacked in Sudbury Avenue, Wembley, in north-west London, late on Thursday.

Neighbours, who alerted police after they heard her scream, gave her first aid but she was later pronounced dead in hospital, Scotland Yard said.

A man wearing a hooded top was seen running away towards Harrow Road.

Police said they were looking at the attempted burglary, in which three men tried to get into the house through the front door, as one line of inquiry.

The men left after Mrs Patel-Nasri challenged them as they tried to get into the front porch on Saturday night.

The hairdresser was alone at the house she shared with her husband, Fadi Nasri, before Thursday's attack took place.

Mr Nasri, who ran a limousine hire company from home, had gone out for the evening.

Neighbours reported hearing a disturbance in the street and they administered first aid to Mrs Patel-Nasri.

Appealing for witnesses at the murder scene Det Supt Julian Worker said: "I know that a lot of you have seen the blood in the street already and clearly she suffered a fatal wound to her leg.

"What we believe has happened is that she has come out of her house in her night dress and has dealt with something in the street.

"Neighbours have heard her screaming and have come to her aid.

"I don't know what caused her to leave her house in a night dress shortly before midnight."

Det Supt Worker said two cars of high value were parked outside at the time.

"Those vehicles may have been the cause of attention to somebody," he said.

BBC reporter Daniela Ralph said police were not making any connection between Mrs Patel-Nasri's role as a special constable and her death.

Scotland Yard described her as a popular member of the Metropolitan Police's Special Constabulary in the London Borough of Brent.

Met Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair described the death of Mrs Patel-Nasri as a "huge loss" to the force.

"Our hearts go out to Nisha's husband and family and friends.

"It is a tragedy that a young woman who willingly gave up so much of her valuable free time to work as a police officer in her local community should lose her life in this terrible way.

"Nisha was, I'm told, tremendously popular with her colleagues, who regarded her as a real team player."

A section of Sudbury Avenue has been cordoned off while forensics teams carry out a search of the area.

Specials have the same powers as regular police. They assist officers, carrying out their duties in their spare time.

BBC News

Condolences to friends and family.

RIP.

May angels lead you in.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

mainedawg is offline da dawg
    The officers Family and friends are in my prayers.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Rip
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

Honeypot is offline Officer First Class
    We have arrested one person in connection with this.... not yet charged.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    The husband of Special Constable Nisha Patel-Nasri has been charged with her murder, police have said.

Fadi Nasri, 33, was charged with his wife's murder along with another man, 37-year-old Roger Lesley, Scotland Yard confirmed.

They are the third and fourth people to be charged with the murder of Mrs Patel Nasri, who was stabbed to death outside her home in Wembley, north west London last May.

Self-employed Nasri, self employed, of Alderman Court, Barnet, north London, and Lesley, unemployed, of Chesterfield Flats, Bells Hill, Barnet, will appear before magistrates in Hammersmith, west London, on Thursday morning.

Nasri had been arrested on suspicion of murder at an address in north London on Tuesday morning. Lesley was first arrested last year.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Back last year (May 2006) while we were visiting in COLD, WET, WINDY merry Ole England, there was a Female Constable stabbed in London, and as I remember, she did. Did they ever get the perp?It was about the same time a schoolboy (promising high school soccor player) was stabbed.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Tragic loss of an officer. Seems to be (unless they change charges again) that it was a family problem, rather than job related though.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    Back last year (May 2006) while we were visiting in COLD, WET, WINDY merry Ole England, there was a Female Constable stabbed in London, and as I remember, she did. Did they ever get the perp?It was about the same time a schoolboy (promising high school soccor player) was stabbed.
    Check the date of the original post, it is probably the incident you recall. The husband appeared in Court today charged with her murder.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Sad story. RIP
    Calm Like A Bomb...

ďA pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.Ē
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information